Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I had it mate. I made a rule to only get drunk for 1 night, once in a while. 2 days heavy drinking and crap sleep = guaranteed sleep paralysis.
Awful mate, no need for it. The paralysed bit I can understand, half asleep, can’t move - makes sense

But why have they gotta throw a demon/witch nob head in the room with ye? Just seems so unnecessary

Awful mate, no need for it. The paralysed bit I can understand, half asleep, can’t move - makes sense

But why have they gotta throw a demon/witch nob head in the room with ye? Just seems so unnecessary

Weird isn't it? First time I had it was in Ibiza. I'd never heard of it before and it terrified the life out of me. The only way to avoid it is to tone down the partying unfortunately.

Feeling pretty low today. Got sick recently as a side effect from some strong meds. Last week things seemed to be looking up but then dipped yesterday. Feeling really fatigued and hard to concentrate at work and get anything done. Then the idiot that I am went and did some symptom googling tonight. No sleep for me most likely. I’d like to just sleep in as long as possible tomorrow morning but have work unfortunately and already been off 5 weeks. Third health problem in 3 years this. But of a worry but could be worse I guess.

Yeah proper

Not religious but it’s got me lying there questioning whether the Big Man is sending his boys down to warn me off the pingers

hahahahahahahahaha, witch nob head, warn you off the pingers...........don't often get a laugh like that in this thread, cheers mate i needed that

Feeling pretty low today. Got sick recently as a side effect from some strong meds. Last week things seemed to be looking up but then dipped yesterday. Feeling really fatigued and hard to concentrate at work and get anything done. Then the idiot that I am went and did some symptom googling tonight. No sleep for me most likely. I’d like to just sleep in as long as possible tomorrow morning but have work unfortunately and already been off 5 weeks. Third health problem in 3 years this. But of a worry but could be worse I guess.

mate dr google makes Harold shipman look like a saint, its evil (sorry mods not trying to make light of shipman or his victims)

do you do any walking bud? sometimes going for a walk when i am struggling to focus serves me well.....maybe throw a little podcast on the headphones and just wander until you feel like wandering back

I’ve got a bird, Frank haha the point remains the same with or without. It’s endorphins innit.

to be fair, you are correct.

I hazard a guess that the majority of people in here are very good at said deed anyways and wouldnt need this pointing out

#W*****s!

mate dr google makes Harold shipman look like a saint, its evil (sorry mods not trying to make light of shipman or his victims)

do you do any walking bud? sometimes going for a walk when i am struggling to focus serves me well.....maybe throw a little podcast on the headphones and just wander until you feel like wandering back
yeah I know it's bad mate, I never learn though. I do it all the time. I try to go for walks but it's hard at the moment with work. It's so knackering I don't have much time for much else afterwards. I'll see how I feel tonight.

yeah I know it's bad mate, I never learn though. I do it all the time. I try to go for walks but it's hard at the moment with work. It's so knackering I don't have much time for much else afterwards. I'll see how I feel tonight.

sometimes doing something like a brisk walk actually gives you more energy as the body releases endorphins and hormones etc

even doing something like having a nice long shower can give you a bit of life and relax/focus you

sometimes doing something like a brisk walk actually gives you more energy as the body releases endorphins and hormones etc

even doing something like having a nice long shower can give you a bit of life and relax/focus you
Thanks mate I'll try that tonight when I get home.

As contradictory as it sounds, you can indeed end up with more energy after a walk or indeed any form of activity than you thought you had before you started.

Aside from the more obvious benefits, I think exercise is a great distraction as much as anything else, and with mental health, even just a small break from what can seem like a constant intrusion into your peace of mind is a great thing.

That doesn't just apply to physical activity, anything that gives you an external focus for a short period of time is good - that can be sitting on the couch watching TV if that takes your mind off things.