Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

It's not uncommon for people to want to come off their meds, but it can be dangerous, especially if you come straight off, rather than lessening the dose gradually. My dad is on drugs for paranoia (he ended up sectioned at 1 time) and he always tells me how he wants to stop taking them, but you can hear/see the undercurrent is still there, and i know for a fact if he stopped taking them he would be in a psychiatric unit inside a month.

If the meds make you happy, don't worry about dependence on them, just use them. We're all dependent on things for happiness, such as food, drink, air, friends, Everton not being shoite on a Saturday. Treat the meds as you would food.

Yeah, I've accepted the fact I may be on them the rest of my life, along with the morphine, metformin, pregablin, lansoprazole and paracetamol, good times :(

It's not uncommon for people to want to come off their meds, but it can be dangerous, especially if you come straight off, rather than lessening the dose gradually. My dad is on drugs for paranoia (he ended up sectioned at 1 time) and he always tells me how he wants to stop taking them, but you can hear/see the undercurrent is still there, and i know for a fact if he stopped taking them he would be in a psychiatric unit inside a month.

Never realised how dependant i was on them until these few weeks, I didn't want to stop taking them, the prescription just missed them off and I thought I was well enough to see how it goes, bad mistake.

Never realised how dependant i was on them until these few weeks, I didn't want to stop taking them, the prescription just missed them off and I thought I was well enough to see how it goes, bad mistake.
I understand mate, they didn't deliver them so you thought you'd see how it goes, which is completely understandable. At least you know that a)They work and b)The way you're feeling now will change once you get back on the meds.

Yeah, I've accepted the fact I may be on them the rest of my life, along with the morphine, metformin, pregablin, lansoprazole and paracetamol, good times :(
Yup, I understand the frustration. I've been paying my ill health prescription tax for asthma inhalers for the last 35 years, and now my learned quack has added statins to my bill!

Yup, I understand the frustration. I've been paying my ill health prescription tax for asthma inhalers for the last 35 years, and now my learned quack has added statins to my bill!

I'm ok on that respect as diabetics get free prescriptions otherwise I'd be paying about £50 a month on medication.

For the record mate - anti depressants aren't addictive.

Some of the other stuff you've listed is / maybe ( but I'm sure you know that already ? ).

You've taken a turn for the worse as they're no longer in your system, doing the job they were before you stopped taking them x

For the record mate - anti depressants aren't addictive.

Some of the other stuff you've listed is / maybe ( but I'm sure you know that already ? ).

You've taken a turn for the worse as they're no longer in your system, doing the job they were before you stopped taking them x

Yeah obviously I know morphine is an opiate and is addictive, I really don't want to take it but I haven't been offered any other solution, it contributes massively to my depression my neck and back.

Yeah obviously I know morphine is an opiate and is addictive, I really don't want to take it but I haven't been offered any other solution, it contributes massively to my depression my neck and back.
What's up with your neck and back mate (if you don't mind me being nosey!)? If it's a chronic problem have you looked into any kind of therapies to help you handle it?

What's up with your neck and back mate (if you don't mind me being nosey!)? If it's a chronic problem have you looked into any kind of therapies to help you handle it?

Got arthritis in my neck that causes all kinds of problems with my back, I'm on strong painkillers, have injections and goto physio. However the time has come to get something done because it is affecting my quality of life an i feel like ive been fobbed off

Got arthritis in my neck that causes all kinds of problems with my back, I'm on strong painkillers, have injections and goto physio. However the time has come to get something done because it is affecting my quality of life an i feel like ive been fobbed off
Here where I live (Germany) they refer people with bad chronic pain for "special pain therapy " which aims at helping people deal with their pain from both a physical and psychological perspective. I don't know too much about what's on offer in the U.K. but just had a quick look and found there seem to be pain clinics and pain management programmes around

Bit leftfield, have you tried acupuncture ?.

Works for some, not others

Got it in my spine, hips and shoulder.

Strong bourbon. Hot baths and soft beds are all that I find help. I don't even bother to take painkillers anymore cos they ruined my digestion.

Got it in my spine, hips and shoulder.

Strong bourbon. Hot baths and soft beds are all that I find help. I don't even bother to take painkillers anymore cos they ruined my digestion.

Feel for you, It's horrendous and the worse thing is it's not going to get any better. I was hoping they could operate or something but they won't.