Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks for the positive words mate, they mean a lot.

Will try to avoid clogging this thread up just with my own tribulations but will definitely post an update with how I go.

Yeah I'll be honest it does make me anxious but at the same time it's not like what I have been doing has been working either.

I think one of my main issues was thinking that my form of OCD (false memory) was different or worse than anybody else's. Which I now know is just not the case at all.
You won’t be clogging up the thread so keeping posting. Best of luck.💙

Here's some words for anyone who's having a tough day.

BUT make sure you read all the way to the bottom first.

662.jpg

There was a traumatic event at my workplace this week. Really bad and i was proximate to it. I'm a leader and had to talk to my team about it. I broke down a bit. Not hugely but more than I wanted to. I got loads of nice messages from the team but it made me feel weak.
Being human and reacting with empathy and sorrow is not weakness. At least in my humble opinion.

Hope you and your work colleague come through alright. ;)

There was a traumatic event at my workplace this week. Really bad and i was proximate to it. I'm a leader and had to talk to my team about it. I broke down a bit. Not hugely but more than I wanted to. I got loads of nice messages from the team but it made me feel weak.
Breaking down is certainly not a sign of weakness, it shows you are a kind and caring person. Hope things are okay for you all at your workplace💙

So yesterday I had an MRI scan, and it confirmed that I had suffered a mini-stroke. On Monday was in the shower and was dizzy, and then had slurred speech for about 20mins or so. When I got to work my line manager instructed to at least ring 111, and then ambulance/hospital came etc. Consultant on the phone said it was minor (and "minor minor").

I feel fine, can't drive until the stroke team say so, but I feel fine. However off work - worried about finances (have taken holiday this week, not sure on next week). Not sure if I can play football, I've been actively trying to lose weight and have football training tonight, 7aside Thursday. Can get a lift to both but not sure if I should be completely resting, active, go-ahead? Wife is particularly worried, apart from the back of the mind "could happen again", I'm pretty much okay, it is what it is, but have no idea what to do.

I assume get some rest, but also researching online says "overly" resting is an issue, a good nights sleep should be plenty of recovery and not to sleep in the daytime as it can't be detrimental?

So a couple of weeks if not 3/4/5 weeks, a stroke team nurse in preston confirmed me to that I actually had a stroke, a small one, but a stroke none the less and not a T.I.A or a mini-stroke. Part of the langauge center. I'm speaking pretty much as i was before, i feel fine barring a couple of headaches every now and then. Fatigue can sometimes hit but not on the level of the 4/5 days after it happened.

Anyway, not a day goes by where I dont think about it and how it's effecting me, scared of it just happening again randomly. When it happened I had the busiest week.

Tuesday, Football training
Wednesday - Everton v Bolton
Thursday - Football 7aside
Friday - Work night out in Manchester, i dont drink really but got hammered on that night
Sat - Stoke v Everton.
Monday - stroke occured.

I haven't yet been told because they haven't figured out why it happened yet. I am comvinced it was the pure busyness of that week with a cominbation of stress and the drink on the friday. Anyway, to the point of the post, I've been very, very nervous about putting myself into stressful situations, I've been less social, I dont always go the pub after footy anyway but I haven't been once since it happened. I have been VERY nervous about going to Goodison. It's a stressful event and I've let my nephew go so far this season. My brother cant go tomorrow, so it's up to me to take my dad and so I pretty much have to go.

Work haven't been remotely arsed, refused to allow me to work from home while I couldn't legally drive and couldn't get to the office (even tho others are still allowed to work from home). They've not made any adjustments, i had a 1-2-1 with a manager who basically just blamed me for something that"went wrong" over summer. I'm obviously looking to move on but massively struggling to find an exit door.

Been on my mind all week. Scared of that stress that Everton puts on me (and most of us!) having a really effect with my cognitive ability again.

So a couple of weeks if not 3/4/5 weeks, a stroke team nurse in preston confirmed me to that I actually had a stroke, a small one, but a stroke none the less and not a T.I.A or a mini-stroke. Part of the langauge center. I'm speaking pretty much as i was before, i feel fine barring a couple of headaches every now and then. Fatigue can sometimes hit but not on the level of the 4/5 days after it happened.

Anyway, not a day goes by where I dont think about it and how it's effecting me, scared of it just happening again randomly. When it happened I had the busiest week.

Tuesday, Football training
Wednesday - Everton v Bolton
Thursday - Football 7aside
Friday - Work night out in Manchester, i dont drink really but got hammered on that night
Sat - Stoke v Everton.
Monday - stroke occured.

I haven't yet been told because they haven't figured out why it happened yet. I am comvinced it was the pure busyness of that week with a cominbation of stress and the drink on the friday. Anyway, to the point of the post, I've been very, very nervous about putting myself into stressful situations, I've been less social, I dont always go the pub after footy anyway but I haven't been once since it happened. I have been VERY nervous about going to Goodison. It's a stressful event and I've let my nephew go so far this season. My brother cant go tomorrow, so it's up to me to take my dad and so I pretty much have to go.

Work haven't been remotely arsed, refused to allow me to work from home while I couldn't legally drive and couldn't get to the office (even tho others are still allowed to work from home). They've not made any adjustments, i had a 1-2-1 with a manager who basically just blamed me for something that"went wrong" over summer. I'm obviously looking to move on but massively struggling to find an exit door.

Been on my mind all week. Scared of that stress that Everton puts on me (and most of us!) having a really effect with my cognitive ability again.
Worrying about it is compounding the worry. I know that's no help. Drink loads of water, (not tea of coffee, water!) cut out as much salt/sodium as you can, bed at reasonable times, and light exercise. You've knocked the booze off, if you smoke, Don't! We've some Union types on here that can listen and understand better about working conditions and unreasonable demands than I can, think it was one of the ladies.
Agonising over an upcoming event increases the stress surrounding it, approach it calmly, "not been for a bit, be a nice change of scene" - "be nice for a day out with the old man" - "they might even turn up just for us, what a plus that'll be". Have the Docs put you on anything for hypertension or blood thinners?
We all want to be 21 forever, but time and tide wait for no one, we all make adjustments as we get on some. Managing the adjustment and giving ourselves an easy ride is paramount. :)

Worrying about it is compounding the worry. I know that's no help. Drink loads of water, (not tea of coffee, water!) cut out as much salt/sodium as you can, bed at reasonable times, and light exercise. You've knocked the booze off, if you smoke, Don't! We've some Union types on here that can listen and understand better about working conditions and unreasonable demands than I can, think it was one of the ladies.
Agonising over an upcoming event increases the stress surrounding it, approach it calmly, "not been for a bit, be a nice change of scene" - "be nice for a day out with the old man" - "they might even turn up just for us, what a plus that'll be". Have the Docs put you on anything for hypertension or blood thinners?
We all want to be 21 forever, but time and tide wait for no one, we all make adjustments as we get on some. Managing the adjustment and giving ourselves an easy ride is paramount. :)

Yeha I have never drank really, only ever on a niht out and I dont like going on nights out anyway. Stopped smoking a year ago. Sugary drinks ive cut down on massively, plenty of activity.

I am on bloodthinners and artery uncloggers.

Yeha I have never drank really, only ever on a niht out and I dont like going on nights out anyway. Stopped smoking a year ago. Sugary drinks ive cut down on massively, plenty of activity.

I am on bloodthinners and artery uncloggers.
That's rotten luck mate. I have 2 mates who have had strokes, 1 mild 1 more severe. Glad to say some decent recovery is possible, but look after yourself.