Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

As an update, I have been chatting with a poster, and many posts have been deleted, with their permission, that might have been unwise, from a safety point of view. For the poster. We, as a forum have little legal recourse in stuff, (poor as a church mouse), but we will do our best to protect posters who may, or may not, post stuff and details that my be dangerous.
There probably is an option to turn off the notifications bell, (I just wouldn't know how) just incase someone did get their hands on a device they wouldn't be led straight to comments that may have some consequences.
The poster is in a serious situation and I really hope she gets out of it very soon.

Forgive me for prying, but have Threshold not discussed moving you and your daughter to a “ place of safety ?

The only reason I ask, is that my mates sister in law works for a women’s organisation in Liverpool, that looks after and supports women and children such as yourself. ( assuming you’re in Liverpool )

They provide women and children at risk from violent and abusive partners, with safe and secure accommodation.

I know from one of my previous jobs, thar the situation you describe is all too common and cuts right across the social spectrum.
Without knowing the full facts of the original post after @roydo rightly took precautions, the Belvidere Family Centre is a really good avenue of support.

On another note, if anyone ever wants or needs the correct people to speak to in terms of criminal concerns then I can pass those on.

Thank you for all the lovely replies, it’s nice to unload myself at times as I am so isolated from everyone. You have all been really supportive and you have no idea how this forum has been a godsend in my most darkest times. I don’t tend to post as much as I would like as I get terrible brain fog and can’t get my feelings or thoughts across very well.
I really do appreciate you lovely people and do wish you from the bottom of my heart a Merry Christmas xx
Just catching up on here, so have missed your original posts but gather you are experiencing dark times - sending love and best wishes.?

Thank you for all the lovely replies, it’s nice to unload myself at times as I am so isolated from everyone. You have all been really supportive and you have no idea how this forum has been a godsend in my most darkest times. I don’t tend to post as much as I would like as I get terrible brain fog and can’t get my feelings or thoughts across very well.
I really do appreciate you lovely people and do wish you from the bottom of my heart a Merry Christmas xx
Like @Gwladysover im just catching up after Christmas. Ive no idea what's happened but you're with family on here. We're all here for you ?????

Would like to give reassurance to some people who read this board who THINK - Devanski your one my friend - that what they say isn't much use.

Well your views ARE as valid as anyone's else's. Your support even as someone who listens is extremely important. To someone who thinks " no one cares " , someone like you Devanski telling people you are more than willing, can be for someone, literally the difference between going on, or not.

The wonderfull thing about this board is the willingness of people to WANT to help and listen. Regardless of what you THINK you have to offer.

Long may it continue.

Feel numb today, in complete shock. Don’t really know what to do with myself, didn’t sleep last night and don’t feel tired or anything for they matter. One of my best mates took his own life last night/early hours this morning, also happens to be the birthday of another one of our mates who took his own life 6 years ago, so what is already a difficult day has just been made 10x worse.

Terrible thing to happen @AdamEFC.
Did you know they were thinking this way or was it out of the blue?
You are probably in a state of shock, as you say. Probably running things over in your mind and that’s why you couldn’t sleep or even feel tired.
Is there anyone around you that you can talk this out with.. Family, doctor, other friends. If you don’t, then just keep posting here for support.
2 suicides is a lot for anyone to deal with.

Take care mate and try to get counselling if you can, it may surprise you how much it could help. ?

Terrible thing to happen @AdamEFC.
Did you know they were thinking this way or was it out of the blue?
You are probably in a state of shock, as you say. Probably running things over in your mind and that’s why you couldn’t sleep or even feel tired.
Is there anyone around you that you can talk this out with.. Family, doctor, other friends. If you don’t, then just keep posting here for support.
2 suicides is a lot for anyone to deal with.

Take care mate and try to get counselling if you can, it may surprise you how much it could help. ?
Thanks mate

We knew he was struggling and tried all we could to get him out more and just trying to speak to him and let him know we were there for him. Then he recently went through a break up with a long term partner and it seems that was the last straw.

I spent the afternoon with other friends and it did help a bit but counselling was something I was looking into before all this anyway so it’s definitely something I’ll progress with in the new year.

Feel numb today, in complete shock. Don’t really know what to do with myself, didn’t sleep last night and don’t feel tired or anything for they matter. One of my best mates took his own life last night/early hours this morning, also happens to be the birthday of another one of our mates who took his own life 6 years ago, so what is already a difficult day has just been made 10x worse.
I am so sorry. Such a tragic thing to happen. Keep talking to your friends. It will help.

Thanks mate

We knew he was struggling and tried all we could to get him out more and just trying to speak to him and let him know we were there for him. Then he recently went through a break up with a long term partner and it seems that was the last straw.

I spent the afternoon with other friends and it did help a bit but counselling was something I was looking into before all this anyway so it’s definitely something I’ll progress with in the new year.
Good to hear that you’re considering counselling mate.
This is a lot to process and you will be going through the emotional wringer. You are going to experience the grieving process and if you get sad, angry or isolated (even with friends around you) you can always vent here in the meantime.
Good folks here will always be around to support!

So sorry to hear this, such a tragedy. It will take time to process your feelings and counselling is well worth considering but in the meantime talking will help and there’s always a friendly ear on here. Sending my best wishes?

So so sorry for how your feeling. Lots of good advice as usual much of which I echo. Only time will ease some of your pain Adam, but councelling and chatting about how your feeling to friends and family are good ideas.

Take a look at this Link Adam, some good stuff, written in language we all understand. Take care buddy.