Would you like Costa?

• Yes!

Votes: 561 84.1%
  • Noooo!

Votes: 106 15.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows? But a peak Diego Costa to play up front for Everton yes or no.

Easy answer pal, no debate.

Well, here was my response a few weeks ago.

Hahahaha imagine though, suddenly we have Diego Costa up front.

Scenes.

It hasn't changed. He's so far ahead of the likes of Lukaku that it's silly, and on the surface I completely agree with you - you'd have to be braindead to be against it.

However... I'm worried about why it's happening when we've had time to do sensible long term business instead, and it brings me back to the concern that we don't have the money to spend without selling.

He's the better solution to bringing nobody in, but I'd prefer to bring in the long term solution now. We've had seven weeks since Lukaku left - I don't understand why we're going for a temporary, albeit brilliant, option at the last minute.

I think the connundrum is whether it's better to have someone decent on a permanent or someone top class for a short period, a period where we have 2 dozen games.

I'd prefer the long term option but if we aren't capable of getting a quality player on a permanent then Costa is a no brainer.

Even if he's not fit until october and leaves again in January it would be worth it for the few guaranteed goals he would score. Gives us more time (which we shouldn't have needed) to line up a top striker in January. We will have to pay a January premium but that Should be a lesson to the board for not bringing in a prolific striker prior to letting Lukaku go 6 months before.

But why has it been left to doing that? Everyone knows you don't do decent business in January - we're supposed to have this fantastic acquisition guy in Steve Walsh, and the master plan despite it being obvious we needed another striker since the season ended is a striker we're only able to get on loan in the first place due to very unique circumstances?

Worried he is just a stop gap that covers the inadequacy of our focus on back filling Romelu. No doubt all the papers would be excited just like the Rooney circus but the truth is we have screwed up as a club here in this striker search.

Well, we may have screwed up, or players said No, or clubs said No, but we are where we are. So if this gets done, bearing in mind the apparent "frosty relationship" between the clubs, reckon its all sound myself.

I think the connundrum is whether it's better to have someone decent on a permanent or someone top class for a short period, a period where we have 2 dozen games.

I'd prefer the long term option but if we aren't capable of getting a quality player on a permanent then Costa is a no brainer.

I completely agree, but my question in that case is regarding the bolded bit of your post - and that question is "why?"

You're a lunatic

Well, here was my response a few weeks ago.

It hasn't changed. He's so far ahead of the likes of Lukaku that it's silly, and on the surface I completely agree with you - you'd have to be braindead to be against it.

However... I'm worried about why it's happening when we've had time to do sensible long term business instead, and it brings me back to the concern that we don't have the money to spend without selling.
Lads you're saying you don't want Diego Costa to play up front for Everton right now.

There's nothing i can say to make you look even sillier.

Lads you're saying you don't want Diego Costa to play up front for Everton right now.

There's nothing i can say to make you look even sillier.
I've not said that MERT.

He walks in as our best player by a mile but it will never happen, why would he want to join the slowest side in the league when he can play 5 a side in Brazil and get the move he really wants in January.

I've not said that MERT.

He walks in as our best player by a mile but it will never happen, why would he want to join the slowest side in the league when he can play 5 a side in Brazil and get the move he really wants in January.

Eh?

One thing this deal is not is implausible. He won't want to sit on his arse for half a year doing nothing and earning nothing, as he's getting fined all over the shop right now.

We've already played Chelsea, he'd hurt their rivals if he comes etc.

It's a no-brainer for him and, apparently, for us.

I've not said that MERT.

He's got the move he wants by the sounds of it, he's just gotta stay properly fit until he can actually go and play for them. i'd be over the moon, just having him for a few months would make teams excrement in their beds, but I just can't see us actually getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.