Derby Matchday Parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
not on cherry lane itself just by there, theres a few streets of queens drive, load of people park there just cross over queens drive and through the cem

the road I park on is called "Lauriston Road"
The car park on Chery Lane is right across the road from the Taxi Club ;)

Remember there will thousands of full kit rs driving into the City to watch the match on the telly. They will park up early near the ground just for spite.

I park in West Derby. It's a good 40 minute walk but dammed if I'm paying £10 for a car park which I'll then be stuck in for an hour after the game. The walk usually calms me down after the game anyway.

First if you drive through the tunnel watch out for the speed camera as you come out. Then head towards Sandhills Station station. Park near there and get Park and Ride bus it's buttons.
Another option is going to Birkenhead North station on the Wirral, it's only 5 mins from the M53, massive free car park, park there and get a train to Kirkdale Station, and walk from there to ground is 10 minutes.

@martinc232 unbelievably generous offer Martin, very much appreciated. Why I love coming to Liverpool, such great people.

Well, foolish me ehh!!! Honestly as I don't often get over to games, I pretty much thought the TV coverage was all planned out well in advance and I never expected the time might change at this late stage. I did think it was unusual that the game was scheduled for a Saturday 3pm kickoff, but figured it was a done deal.

Ah well, I've just found out that it's now on Sunday at 4:15. It's probably the worst time change I could have asked for! I was planning on heading for Scotland after the match on Saturday, maybe stop half way. Need to be in St. Andrews Sunday night. Looks like I will have a long drive ahead of me now on the Sunday night. Will deffo stick around for the match, don't get the opportunity that often so take it while it's there.

So now I guess plans will change & I'll probably now look for a hotel with some decent secure parking that I can park up Saturday, have a few scoops and not have to worry about picking the car up till after the game when i'm heading for the hills. Maybe a pool to wet the head on Sunday morning and get fresh for the game :)

Actually, any recommendation for hotels that would have parking and give me good access to the road to Scotland for after the match?

Status
Not open for further replies.