Derby forfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Habe a funny feeling we are set up to beat their high press/high line style.

Hamez pinging delightful little balls over the top for Richi to bomb onto.

15-0 The mighty Ev
That high line has been there for the taking all season. We have the man to make the pass and in Dom and, in particular, Richarlison we have the men to break the line.

What worries me is our own defensive line and the tit behind it.

Have a funny feeling we are set up to beat their high press/high line style.

Hamez pinging delightful little balls over the top for Richi to bomb onto.

15-0 The mighty Ev
I’m getting fed up with everyone getting carried away with statements like this and all the Twitter songs.

The absolute max it will be is 14-0 to Everton.

I’m getting fed up with everyone getting carried away with statements like this and all the Twitter songs.

The absolute max it will be is 14-0 to Everton.
Carlo will lash Yannick on last 5 for the giggles and he'll slot the last after dribbling through their whole team, the whole of our team and outwitting himself several times. His cross will then ping in for the 15th.

#StandOnMe

Carlo will lash Yannick on last 5 for the giggles and he'll slot the last after dribbling through their whole team, the whole of our team and outwitting himself several times. His cross will then ping in for the 15th.

#StandOnMe
I'm picturing more him sitting down every single player on the pitch and as they are all on the floor, ankles broken, he goes to smash it into the empty RS net and he tans the post and hits himself in the face like Batshuayi did.

Been let down too many times by Everton these last 10 years (20 at Mordor). 4-0 spankings, sly last minute defeats, routing 2-0 losses and dour 0-0s. Until the final whistle has been blown and we’ve won, will not be expecting too much. It’s the hope that kills you.
Saying that, a 6-0 win with Klopp getting sparked out by Duncan would be nice at Goodison. At Anfield, a 98th minute off-side winner punched into the net by DCL who then moons at the Kop with “You’re all a bunch of Tory nonces” tattooed on his buttocks would be lovely.

I don’t want them all testing positive. I want to play their best team. They are the best team in the country right now and I want to see where we are.

I want to see whether we can match them. If they beat us then that’s fine. But I want us to go toe to toe.

I want to stop thinking like a small club. I want them to bring their best. Bring it on. if we get beat we get beat.

With Thiago testing positive to COVID-10, I think it's only fair to protect the competition and get 'them' to forfeit the next 2, 3, or dozen matches....just to be sure. :cool:
I fear this may be the safest option given the extraordinary numbers in the RS Squad who are taking special medication for lung conditions after being diagnosed on joining the club. These specific conditions would leave them at risk to the worst effects of Covid-19.

I don’t want them all testing positive. I want to play their best team. They are the best team in the country right now and I want to see where we are.

I want to see whether we can match them. If they beat us then that’s fine. But I want us to go toe to toe.

I want to stop thinking like a small club. I want them to bring their best. Bring it on. if we get beat we get beat.

I think this is the right thinking, other than to say I am really not bothered what they do or don't do. We need to be right ourselves. Whoever you play in a derby won't be easy.

I think this is the right thinking, other than to say I am really not bothered what they do or don't do. We need to be right ourselves. Whoever you play in a derby won't be easy.
I agree. But purely from a competitive perspective. If it was united or city I’d be thinking the same thing.

I really want to see where we are. Whether we are as good as we hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.