Derby County Oct 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so ive been going a little nutty looking at hotels in london for this trip im taking...so any help from anyone who knows london well.

im looking now near the warren street tube station...pretty sure theres plenty going on there (im a single 25 year old looking to go out sat night once i get back from derby)...its close to kings cross/st pancras--which is where i need to go to get to derby....so basically just making sure that this is a good area to stay...and any opinions always helpful...

thanks!

It's near Euston if I remember rightly and a walk down Tottenham Court Road to Oxford St. so you're fairly central. King's Cross station itself used to be fairly rough at night (red light) but you can find decent hotels around the corner in Islington as well. But Warren St/Euston/Tottenham Court Road will be fine (although a bit pricier).

Are you looking cheap, medium or expensive?! (There's an Ibis at Euston for 76 quid a night...)

Never stayed over night in London jags so can't really help. Just fired an e-mail off to someone who may be able to suggest a few places though.

OK so ive been going a little nutty looking at hotels in london for this trip im taking...so any help from anyone who knows london well.

im looking now near the warren street tube station...pretty sure theres plenty going on there (im a single 25 year old looking to go out sat night once i get back from derby)...its close to kings cross/st pancras--which is where i need to go to get to derby....so basically just making sure that this is a good area to stay...and any opinions always helpful...

thanks!

hi mate. There's a place called the swinton hotel. Its kings cross which should be fairly good for where you want to go - doesn't really matter too much as the tube runs most places anyway.

Just google it up for a number and call or maybe you can book online.

there are cheaper places, but I can vouch this place is clean and has an ensuite shower, toilet etc.

How you getting a ticket for the Derby game. I thought all the away tickets sell out for this game?

you can then get on the metropolitan line to wembley park

trains to derby go from st pancras, or if you are feeling particularly masochistic you could take the national express, which is a coach service. Or cattle wagon depending on how you see it.

I may be going to the Derby game if i can get an away ticket.

Anyone know the chance of that as I'm not a season ticket holder?

I am going to Wembley on the Sunday though, to see the NFL match. Turns out my mate bought tickets months ago.

happy days.

thanks for all the help--my hotel is booked (just got sick of looking and finally found a pretty good deal on a place near where i was talking about)...just need to sort out my derby details and that will be my saturday, while the nfl game will be my sunday...really looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.