Derby County Oct 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagler

Player Valuation: £225k
ok so at this moment there is a small, outside chance that i may be in london that weekend...IF i am...how easy/hard/expensive is it to get from london to derby (i assume by train is the best way to go)...and are rams grounds somewhat close to the train station? ive tried to do some online research on the matter but wanted some real peoples opinions...any help would be appreciated....i know this is a while away and we've got a bunch of key matches between now and then, but planning a trip from the US ive obviously got to get on this sooner rather than later. thanks for any help!

Thats [Poor language removed] spooky. Look in the ale house.

Write a few questions down what you want answered and I'll ask a few fellas who run supporter clubs for you.

GOT thats pretty crazy...

i guess my main questions would be--what train/stations would be best? about how much would that cost? how easy to get from derby station to the grounds? those kinds of things...and GOT, if we manage to get a group together for that game that would make it all even more exciting.

What area of London would you be leaving from Jag?

That way I can find out what station to leave from to get from London to Pride Park.

Thats [Poor language removed] spooky. Look in the ale house.

Write a few questions down what you want answered and I'll ask a few fellas who run supporter clubs for you.

That's a good idea, as Supporter's Clubs run coach trips from all over the London area. If that's not possible, it's no big deal, as Derby is less than two hours from London by train (I'm assuming you're in Central London, where you can catch a train direct to Derby from London St Pancras) - the fair is about £50 for a day return.

The ground is a ten minute walk from the station.

great info everyone, thank you....still working out A--if im even going and then B will become where im staying in london...micknick thanks for the link, and the 10 min walk is perfect...whats the weather like over there late october anyway?

basically this whole trip is predicated on the new york football giants (my team--'big blue') taking on the miami dolphins (who are on the radio station i work for) at wembley...and of course finding the available funds to make this all a reality. the american football game is sunday night...and id be theoretically getting into london early sat morning, then catching a late morning train to derby to see the Blues.

Keep us updated if your coming Jag, am sure a few of the lads wont mind helping you plan your trip ;)

I know quite a few people who run supporter clubs so information isn't to hard to come by.

GOT will most certainly keep everyone updated...and will even more certainly have questions as for places to stay, etc...thanks to all ;)

OK here's an update...and, more importantly, a question....my trip is looking more and more realistic, though not certain....so here's the question of the moment: is there a part of town (london) i should be looking to stay in that is both easy to get to the train to derby and easy enough to get to wembley. i have literally no idea about london streets and geography, no clue where wembley is (ill be researching that im sure)...so any help would be great. thanks as always!

Somewhere within distance of an Underground station should be good enough, jagler. Train station will be north central London (St Pancras - Kings Cross is the tube unless they have built a new one in the last few years) while Wembley is out in west London. Both have excellent tube connections but I wouldn't stay near either as they both were fairly grotty areas. "Aussie/Kiwi central" around Earl's Court area has plenty of action, cheap(ish) accommodation or decent hotels and would be fairly convenient for both the stations and the centre of London.

Link to map of Underground
Link to Midland Mainline

atrottel, thanks for the hotel help--ill definitely be looking for a place to stay in that area.

my flight is booked, so this trip is happening, very excited about it. cant wait for my journey up to derby to see the team. hope we have a strong showing at their grounds and we can all have a chang (or few) before the match. more details as we get closer..

Status
Not open for further replies.