Demba Ba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ba aside, the club NEED to focus on movement both out and then IN.

The window has been open 2 weeks, time enough to start moving deadwood on and looking at one other.

We CAN do more than one thing at the same time.

i thought transfer window only open in 20th august? this is when we sell best players no?

Ba aside, the club NEED to focus on movement both out and then IN.

The window has been open 2 weeks, time enough to start moving deadwood on and looking at one other.

could the lack of anything happening be due to people simply going off on their holidays?

I don't know who Moyes has his eye on. For me Ba isn't worth £70+k a week but thats imo.

That's fair enough mate and I also think it's a lot BUT when you stand back an look at the bigger picture if you work his wage demands out over 4 years I think it's roughly less than 4 million correct me if that's wrong but how many decent strikers are normally out there for that price , then you have to pay wages on top of that so for me that's were it becomes a no brainer plus beggars can't be chooses and I think one thing we all agree on is Everton are beggars

That's fair enough mate and I also think it's a lot BUT when you stand back an look at the bigger picture if you work his wage demands out over 4 years I think it's roughly less than 4 million correct me if that's wrong but how many decent strikers are normally out there for that price , then you have to pay wages on top of that so for me that's were it becomes a no brainer plus beggars can't be chooses and I think one thing we all agree on is Everton are beggars

£4 million over 4 years ~ £20k per week..

£52k per week over 4 years ~ £10.8m = more than enough

Highly debatable.

Spend 2 months trying to sign one player who doesn't sign in the end, then realise all your other targets are gone to other clubs - that's the Everton way.

Keeping my fingers crossed Yobo + Yak move on soon. Can't see there being any incomings until those two are shipped out.

it sets a bad precendent from the start. if he wants to come, he'll come. if he's motivated by money, he'll go to newcastle. i think this sort of deal is exactly what we should be going for given that there might not even be a transfer kitty to work with until players are sold. there arent exactly a load of strikers out there going cheap these days. the 2 million extra for europe/fa cup may appear worth it but if that's not putting all your eggs in one basket then i dont know what is. lets not forget this guy has only had half a season in the premier league and has several failed medicals on his resume. it's not what you would call a 'no-brainer'..

95% of players are motivated by money it's 2011 , plus add that too no europen football your going to struggle to attract bigger names to Everton now days

95% of players are motivated by money it's 2011 , plus add that too no europen football your going to struggle to attract bigger names to Everton now days

I would agree with that actually. Very good players want top wages, we can't afford to pay them.

we're not going for bigger names, ba only has 2 letters..

seriously though, there are other players out there who'll do the same job for less money, if he doesnt come its not the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.