2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's the most 'industrious' of the front three IMO. Again, needs to improve his end product like but I did think that some of those balls he put across on Sunday could've really done with a blue shirt getting on the end of at least one of them. He's played well these last few games.
Yeah, couple of crosses were tailor made for DCL or similar hurling themselves at them.

Squad game. Dominic Calvert-Lewin offer something else - Ariel and physical theat - battling with cb. Imagine 80 mins of Dominic Calvert-Lewin and then switching your duties to one of those three with fresh legs
This.

Completely different types of threat that give options.

I still think he’s got loads of potential.

Maybe just be a braver creatively?

Players always open their bodies up when they shoot. Always seems like enough time to get a block in as a defender.

Some players have perfected the art of hitting the ball hard enough to score with a shorter swing.

A bit like when crosses fly in, it’s so fast some players don’t have time to react. More goals happen.

Yeah, couple of crosses were tailor made for Dominic Calvert-Lewin or similar hurling themselves at them.
With his crosses we’re lacking someone making a late back post run. He’s great at putting the ball across the face of the goal but we seem to have Gordon coming central which may or may not be by design. If Patterson would gamble a bit and make that late run into the box, he’d get a few I reckon. Coleman used to do that a decent amount before his legs left him.

Good player. Clearly in the mood in the last few games. I hope he can remain consistent. Consistency is his biggest flaw, He tends to fade away later on during the season (it was the same in his previous clubs - good start but fades away).

Reality is, if he was consistent and put in excellent performance week in/out, he won't be at Everton. Now, it is really up to FL and the coaches on how to manage his talent and maintain his consistency. One positive sign is I do see him work harder on the pitch when covering defensively (not always effective, but you can tell he is putting in the work like everyone else)

Talented but slows the play down. Can’t play one or two touch football. I hope we can coach him to play faster as he otherwise is so talented

Status
Not open for further replies.