2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s how every transfer works. Do you think Chelsea have handed over 600mil in the last 12 months. And they gave 8 yr deals to their 2 big signings in January, the stretch the cost even further.

If we bought a 30mil winger on 5yr deal it would actually cost the club 6mil a year, on the books, even if we paid 15mil down. Surely that’s common knowledge
This is getting silly now, we both have different opinions so just leave it at that.

We don't even know if we sold the lad that we would be able to re-invest it with what could be coming from FFP.

The lad helped us survive again and if we can do that again this year, then walking into BMD with no FFP on our backs, hopefully a new board and good investors, and the right people in place. Then we start a proper restructure of the club then.

This is getting silly now, we both have different opinions so just leave it at that.

We don't even know if we sold the lad that we would be able to re-invest it with what could be coming from FFP.

The lad helped us survive again and if we can do that again this year, then walking into BMD with no FFP on our backs, hopefully a new board and good investors, and the right people in place. Then we start a proper restructure of the club then.
He’s got 2 goals from open play and dyche hardly played him, so yes he definitely payed his part in keeping us up . Not sure what’s silly about. It’s fact

I’d like to keep him, more so for attacking bodies. But selling him for a profit is the type of business we need to get back to doing. We can’t keep hold of players and let them leave at the end of their contracts, a major part of the business is selling assets for a profit…the other side is doing well in leagues and cups haha

He’s got 2 goals from open play and dyche hardly played him, so yes he definitely payed his part in keeping us up . Not sure what’s silly about. It’s fact
And if dyche hadn't finally changed his mind and gone with Gray over Maupay/Simms we would be having this discussion while our club sat in the Championship.

And if dyche hadn't finally changed his mind and gone with Gray over Maupay/Simms we would be having this discussion while our club sat in the Championship.
That’s not true he didn’t score. Playing doucoure off the striker and bringing Mina back. Two much bigger reasons we stayed up.

Dyche isn’t stupid, we’re a relegation fodder squad. Every player will have a price and 90% of them won’t be a loss

Can’t wait to see what his 2 goals next season will be like
Mate he’s a £1 million player who’s got a little something in his locker more than most in our team only he’s very inconsistent and frustrating and crap so while I’d also like better players in the team you pay £1m you get players like Gray or you can spend £22-£28m and get players like iwobi or gbamin. And it’s a fact not a statistic the games he scored in resulted in us getting 3 draws which makes 3 points what would of been the difference between staying up or going down, you’ve not really got much of an argument he certainly played his part in keeping us up.

Mate he’s a £1 million player who’s got a little something in his locker more than most in our team only he’s very inconsistent and frustrating and crap so while I’d also like better players in the team you pay £1m you get players like Gray or you can spend £22-£28m and get players like iwobi or gbamin. And it’s a fact not a statistic the games he scored in resulted in us getting 3 draws which makes 3 points what would of been the difference between staying up or going down, you’ve not really got much of an argument he certainly played his part in keeping us up.

He also played a part in us being crap over the last 2 years.

Well dyche didn’t play him when everyone was fit, so maybe dyche thinks he can sell and get better. And we all know we’ve wasted money, that doesn’t mean gray gets a free pass for being crap because he was cheap.

He also played a part in us being crap over the last 2 years.
He did along with 90% of the squad and managers, my point was no matter how crap he was his goals was crucial and played a part in us staying up there’s about 4/5 players I’d keep and out of them probably only pickford who I wouldn’t let go unless a offer too good to refuse but even then no guarantees moshiri wouldn’t just pocket the money.

Well dyche didn’t play him when everyone was fit, so maybe dyche thinks he can sell and get better. And we all know we’ve wasted money, that doesn’t mean gray gets a free pass for being crap because he was cheap.
I hope he can but I doubt you’re selling gray and getting better with that money. And he doesn’t get a free pass no, he’s crap but for what we would likely get for him while we’re in a poor position and trying to transition from relegation fodder I’d have him as a squad player. Is he a championship player? Probably I think he’d do really well in there is he a lower premier league squad player? I’d say yes again, what are we? A lower premier league team it was hard enough trying to build a squad with money never mind with no money and a thread bare squad already.

Status
Not open for further replies.