2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he scored that goal he’s scored 2 non-penalty goals. Yes of course we could get someone for £10m who would be able to better that.
I mean we could also spend an extra £5m to make £15m and waste that on another maupay. For what we payed for Gray is decent business for once, I reckon we could of easily paid 5x his fee the money we’ve wasted. I’m more than happy with Gray as a squad player, not like we have the deepest squad.

Maupay was bought on deadline day. He was a last resort. At that point we’d bought Onana, garner, gana, McNeil. Maybe there wasn’t much money left and 4/5 other targets had fell through. The kid from Ajax was apparently very close to being done.

We’ve bought a lot of younger players over the last Couple of years and would make a profit on the majority
That has nothing to do with my point.
What I'm saying is that say £10 million for Gray are we really going to find a better replacement with that money.

What I'm saying is that say £10 million for Gray are we really going to find a better replacement with that money.
Well of course it did , you mentioned selling gray and buying Maupay. I was pointing out maupay was a last day panic buy. McNeil cost 12mil and has got more goals. And you can stretch 10mil quite far, wouldn’t be that difficult to find someone to get more than 2 league goals.

Well, we got Garner for £9m
There are bargains, we just have to go find them.

Well, we got Garner for £9m
There are bargains, we just have to go find them.
Yeah and Garner was a cracking signing.

Whether we'd find another but attacking player for the price we paid for him is a different matter tho.

And not saying you personally, but wasn't 90% of this forum slating garner from the start !!!

Whether we'd find another but attacking player for the price we paid for him is a different matter tho.

And not saying you personally, but wasn't 90% of this forum slating garner from the start !!!
Praising him for 18months.

We can still find those options from City etc

Well of course it did , you mentioned selling gray and buying Maupay. I was pointing out maupay was a last day panic buy. McNeil cost 12mil and has got more goals. And you can stretch 10mil quite far, wouldn’t be that difficult to find someone to get more than 2 league goals.
How much can you stretch £10million to than ?

That's quite impressive if you can stretch it further then £10million...

If we got Gray out for £10mil its almost all on FFP books.

Stones + Nkounkou fees on top around £13.2mil.

Drop in Iwobi as well and may be close to £30mil.

How much can you stretch £10million to than ?

That's quite impressive if you can stretch it further then £10million...
I’m taking as a down payment. Gray will be all profit and we could buy someone for 30mil Onana was 33mil and I’d wager we didn’t put more than 10 down.

I don't reckon this guy would cost too much, the only issue is he plays for the club linked to Brentford.

That must be why FFP are looking into us then.
It’s how every transfer works. Do you think Chelsea have handed over 600mil in the last 12 months. And they gave 8 yr deals to their 2 big signings in January, the stretch the cost even further.

If we bought a 30mil winger on 5yr deal it would actually cost the club 6mil a year, on the books, even if we paid 15mil down. Surely that’s common knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.