2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray has 2 year left on his contract. Wobes has 12 months. Wobes would be cheaper it's just that no one wants him.

We need a striker regardless. Just think getting rid of probably our only player with pace to bring in 1 striker leaves us massively short out wide especially when we're short on fullbacks too.

The only sellable assets I feel that will bring in decent money without hurting the squad are Branthwaite, Onana, Holgate or Godfrey.

Gray's contract ends in 2024, although I've just seen that we have the option of an additional year.

I don't consider Gray indispensable. If we are in a sell to buy situation, I can understand why we might sell Gray, as we simply have to upgrade upfront. We need an actual striker.

Gray's contract ends in 2024, although I've just seen that we have the option of an additional year.

I don't consider Gray indispensable. If we are in a sell to buy situation, I can understand why we might sell Gray, as we simply have to upgrade upfront. We need an actual striker.

I stand corrected.

None of them are indispensable. But I think we need at least another 6 players even at the moment before anyone goes.

If you sell and player, you need to replace or upgrade that player IMO. We have been awful at it.

I'd be open to selling, but only for 10m plus. He would need to be replaced.
There is no way he would be replaced for 10m.
He is good a squad player at the level
We are.
Not an necessarily a starter but I’d be happy him coming off the bench if we are chasing the game

We are.
Not an necessarily a starter but I’d be happy him coming off the bench if we are chasing the game
Seen it with Davies and now gray, good squad players apparently yet we’re relegation fodder with a crap squad

2 pens and one worldie, which is probably a once a season goal. So take away pens and he got 3. 1 more than coady. He’s never been a goal score and I don’t think he’s many assists from open play since he joined. Maybe 2/3 max.

He’s no great loss especially if we can get 10/12mil
And you trust that will be spent on a better player 🤔 It cost us more for Maupay !!!!

I'd shift him for anything in the region of 10/15 mil. Don't think he's a Dyche player, if we don't sell him I'd still like to see us sign another winger, get Iwobi off the wings, and have Gray be a bench option.

Why do you think we scored so few? We had this fella up front for 75% of the season and he created and scored nothing. Well done to him scoring as many goals as Yerry Mina without pens
Do you really trust us to get a decent replacement in, after selling one of our top scorers. We'll sell him and waste money on another Maupay, then reminisce about his goals we're missing.

If we get a good offer and can bring in a few good replacements I would sell. He's been pretty good especially for the price and he does have pace but he is inconsistent and Dyche doesn't fancy him on a flank because he doesn't work back enough

We are.
If you scout properly you can get two players for ten million, Gray himself cost 1.5m. It's the scouting we could loan a winger

It's very early on in the window to say nobody is interested in Iwobi. I wouldn't be surprised if Gray has a lower valuation than Iwobi as well.

Nobody is supporting the idea of selling Gray for the sake of it. But if his sale was used to strengthen our attack, then I'd be up for it. If I had the choice between Gray or Gyokeres, I'd choose the latter.
Despite him being our main creator I'd sell Iwobi too at the right price do we really want to put him on another big contract? Yes he creates but he doesn't score enough for a forward. I am not wedded to any of our current forward options they are not good enough in the main.

Status
Not open for further replies.