2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was the poorest midfield/attacking player on the pitch for us today. Just didn’t get involved enough. Has pace though and was a bit better when he went to left midfield 2nd half.

Totally agree. Just like the Leicester fans said and just as hes looked when hes played against us.

I think he 'could' be a player to bring on after 70mins in games against tired legs.

Not a starter.

Two very good crosses today, and had the pace to trouble them. For £1.5m, if he keeps it up, he’ll be an absolute bargain. Better on the left it has to be said.
2 crosses, pace.

£1.5mil transfer fee
3 years on circa £50k a week =£7.8mil

£9.3mil + signing bonus + agent fees

Total = circa £10mil

I think the barometer for me is whether we can use him effectively and sell next summer at a big profit...

Totally agree. Just like the Leicester fans said and just as hes looked when hes played against us.

I think he 'could' be a player to bring on after 70mins in games against tired legs.

Not a starter.

2 crosses, pace.

£1.5mil transfer fee

Total = circa £10mil

I think the barometer for me is whether we can use him effectively and sell next summer at a big profit...
If he plays well enough to merit a big selling on fee … we won’t be selling surely ?

Not a starter.

I feel the same way about Iwobi and to an extent Townsend. Thought Iwobi was brilliant when he came on, but I doubt he could do it from minute 1.

Gray & Iwobi off the bench feel like difference makers. I could get behind Townsend starting if we held onto Rodriguez

I feel the same way about Iwobi and to an extent Townsend. Thought Iwobi was brilliant when he came on, but I doubt he could do it from minute 1.

Gray & Iwobi off the bench feel like difference makers. I could get behind Townsend starting if we held onto Rodriguez

Thats a far too positive view for me...

By big profit i was thinking £7.5-10mil as a total fee next summer.
We all have different opinions and that’s fine. And all fans are positive at the start of a new season.

But look at the facts, Townsend is a low level prem journeyman. And Gray couldn’t get a game at Leicester because of Marc Allbrighton. I’m not convinced anything will be different at Everton.

Him and Townsend are papering over cracks while we get through the financial problems. If they can offer something to the team for the next year or two, they have done their job.

Nobody expects them to be world beaters.

Yep both will have decent games and both will have poor games - they are essentially cheap squad fillers.

You cant judge the team really until after next summer - this one is just trying to make us as balanced as possible.

We all have different opinions and that’s fine. And all fans are positive at the start of a new season.

But look at the facts, Townsend is a low level prem journeyman. And Gray couldn’t get a game at Leicester because of Marc Allbrighton. I’m not convinced anything will be different at Everton.

In Gray's case it was more because he couldn't get a game at Leicester because of Jamie Vardy - that side were set up to play in a way (which admittedly worked fantastically) and everyone in the starting 11 had to sign up to and be able to do it.

Gray didn't ever really fit into that (nor did Ihenacho until Rodgers started to reform it with better players), but at a club where there isn't that way of playing he could go back to looking the player he was at Birmingham. Personally I think he - a direct, fast player up front - is almost exactly what we've needed for years and I hope we stick with him because we and he will see the benefit of it.

Not a starter.

2 crosses, pace.

£1.5mil transfer fee

Total = circa £10mil

THe thing is, Zat, you have been very clear that you do not rate him from minute one, so anything he does well you will look to play down.
He could have a worldy and you would highlight his one mis placed pass.

The difference in pace between Gray Townsend Richarlison from James Siggurdson Bernard is stark and brilliant to see. The last goal doesn’t happen yesterday with any of those three playing in the right flank where Richarlison was. I know pace isn’t everything, but it becomes everything when two players are chasing a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.