2021/22 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I’m sorry some players play 38 games season in season out, players aren’t run into the ground by playing 12 games. Something is badly wrong with our fitness and conditioning team.
100% this. There's bad luck and then there's us and i can't believe the injuries we've had... the consistent muscle injuries, the number of players who suffer setbacks on their way back from injury.... it only happens to us.

100% this. There's bad luck and then there's us and i can't believe the injuries we've had... the consistent muscle injuries, the number of players who suffer setbacks on their way back from injury.... it only happens to us.

Seems to be minimum 6 weeks for every injury too. I don’t think we’ve sacked enough of our medical team tbh.

Nah I’m sorry some players play 38 games season in season out, players aren’t run into the ground by playing 12 games. Something is badly wrong with our fitness and conditioning team.
Benitez made a comment the other day about having to tell Delph to slow down in training. Given that a lot of our injuries seem to occur in training the intensity levels are clearly all wrong. That's a coaching/fitness thing, people always mention the medical team but they don't cause the injuries they're just there to fix them. Our issue is why we get so many in the first place, that's a coaching/fitness thing

Yep, another muscular injury. They aren't doing enough flexibility and yoga work perhaps, every little helps.

Could understand if he'd been playing every 3 days but it's been once a week since the end of September and he's just had a two-week break.

Can't legislate for impact injuries - Doucoure, Richarlison etc. The rest. It's not just bad luck.

Benitez made a comment the other day about having to tell Delph to slow down in training. Given that a lot of our injuries seem to occur in training the intensity levels are clearly all wrong. That's a coaching/fitness thing, people always mention the medical team but they don't cause the injuries they're just there to fix them. Our issue is why we get so many in the first place, that's a coaching/fitness thing
Hmm, it's all part of the same thing.

The medical team are in charge of rehab too, and then also prehab - you have to get ahead of injuries.

I bet Everton don't have an in-house yoga instructor, for example. Loads of clubs do and it's a huge part of training regimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.