Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All. The move for Townsend has surprised me as I thought he’d end up at Watford to be honest. He’s a hard worker and a good egg but sad to say he’s lost his pace and that means he’s severely limited as a PL winger these days as he just can’t beat a full back anymore. From what I gather we did offer him a contract on reduced terms but he has chosen to move on which I am absolutely fine with, I think the wages can be put to much better use elsewhere. His media career also low-key annoyed me to be honest, he is a 29 year old PL footballer, I’d have preferred his focus to be on that (assuming he has 3 or 4 more years of playing) rather than already establishing his next career while on our wage bill…but that’s just my opinion.

Hope it works out for him with you, maybe he just got too comfortable under Roy by the end.

What like having seen a 30 year old winger be pretty crap for the last 10years,, stat box was to show you your huge improvement. Knowing a 30 year old winger who has been in this division for a decade is something I can offer also. I don't watch every game of his, I guess you don't either so that little stat box gives an overall baseline to show huge improvement and it doesn't.

Last time i looked proven quality players aren't fighting amongst themselves to join Everton. If we cant get them id rather give a chance to players who will show more hunger than those who have been here and are proven that they're here for an expensive holiday.
The point remains the same. We have to try and get rid of those who dont give a fck.

Townsend is a winger well suited to playing in tactically disciplined teams.

Gray was a speedy outlet for a defensive Leicester side that sat deep and countered.

Perfect for Benitez
Fine you justify these signings, they are no better than what we have and now I am reading Gray has an attitude, oh joy.

We are absolutely crying out for more goals and someone to create chances, neither of these has a track record of providing these as attackers, they're not good signings but you are entitled to your opinion.

Fine you justify these signings, they are no better than what we have and now I am reading Gray has an attitude, oh joy.

We are absolutely crying out for more goals and someone to create chances, neither of these has a track record of providing these as attackers, they're not good signings but you are entitled to your opinion.
I didn't justify them. I explained why we're signing them.

Hi All. The move for Townsend has surprised me as I thought he’d end up at Watford to be honest. He’s a hard worker and a good egg but sad to say he’s lost his pace and that means he’s severely limited as a PL winger these days as he just can’t beat a full back anymore. From what I gather we did offer him a contract on reduced terms but he has chosen to move on which I am absolutely fine with, I think the wages can be put to much better use elsewhere. His media career also low-key annoyed me to be honest, he is a 29 year old PL footballer, I’d have preferred his focus to be on that (assuming he has 3 or 4 more years of playing) rather than already establishing his next career while on our wage bill…but that’s just my opinion.

Hope it works out for him with you, maybe he just got too comfortable under Roy by the end.

A one legged townsend with cataract is better than alex iwobi.

I prefer my attackers to be able to score and create, working hard should be a given not a trade off. Anyway like I say I think they're poor but as always really really hope they make me eat my words, just can't see it.

Ultimately depends if they will be squad players or not mate.

Ultimately depends if they will be squad players or not mate.
I keep saying, they're only cost effective good signings if they produce on the pitch, We know these players, they aren't new young lads and I don't have any faith they will make us any better. We save a few quid for our billionaire overlord whoop whoop.

I'm definitely done now, proper depressed.

If we shift Bernard, bring in Gray/Towsend and sign another right midfielder it's good business.
We also have to remember we're going to be without Richarlison for the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.