Confirmed Signing Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, in seasons gone by we’d probably have paid £20 mill for Gray or something equally ridiculous.

Ive been mystified reading comments like this...

Havent seen anyone throw out a name of a player who flopped in England and Germany that weve signed who has succeeded...

why? He finished 6th in the bundesliga and helped his side qualify for europe
Because realistically that’s his level.

Dunno where this idea we should be signing top quality comes from. We haven't for a while, yet paid through the nose for the privilege.
Fair enough.

I expect you to do a bit better than signing the likes of Demarai though.

Maybe Rafael’s ambition is to finish 17th and not challenge for Europe.

Fair enough.

But why would it be an ambition for a side who got 59 points last season to get 30 points (enough to finish 17th) next season?

Fair enough.

there's always the chance he could hit some form and go on a bit of a mad run, look at kelechi last season, a bench player who got some game time when vardy got injured and capitalised on it

Fair enough.

The club’s ambition is to stay in the Premier League until the stadium move. That’s why we brought in a mid table manager and are signing mid table players.

"Sick of hearing the same drivel every year"

You're the one choosing to listen or watch though... All questions asked by the media are drivel, so all answers are drivel... It's all just going through the pointless motions. After match questions, pre-match questions, new player questions... Always the same. Thought you'd have got that by now.
Listen lad. I’ve had just about enough of your uppity responses. Which Morrison’s do you frequent?!

Hope it's a good depth signing. Like Townsend, hope we aren't struggling to shift later down the line.

Need some serious first team improvements like. And outgoings.

At least Andros came in and said he realised he's probably a squad player and will work hard to change that. Gray looks gutted to be here!

So Demarai is now officially an Everton player, good luck to you.

As I said on here the other day, it might be a low risk signing for you guys and wage wise it makes sense, but this is a signing I thoroughly expected a newly promoted team, or a team hoping for Premier League promotion to make.

A very bizarre signing from a club like yourselves.

Whatever you do with him, keep him away from helicopters
Helicopter jokes from a Leicester fan... :eek:

Hope it's a good depth signing. Like Townsend, hope we aren't struggling to shift later down the line.

Need some serious first team improvements like. And outgoings.
When you compare the fee to the likes of the legendary Mo Besic costing £4m 4 years ago and Sandro costing £5.2m... It's a no brainer really.

I can't actually see how we can lose out here, but this is Everton, we'll find a way!

Fair enough.

I think you are right mate. He's defo aiming for a season of low budget thrills fighting relegation. Bit of excitement at least.

Shouldn't you be out rejoicing in being an unexpected forgotten city success story and the East Mids top team (a contemporary Nottingham Forest / Derby County, if you will)? Surely better than telling us how bad our signings are fella, right?

there's always the chance he could hit some form and go on a bit of a mad run, look at kelechi last season, a bench player who got some game time when vardy got injured and capitalised on it
Demarai Gray scoring 12 goals in 10 games, that might happen on your FIFA career mode, in real life though there’s more chance of me banging Angela White.
But why would it be an ambition for a side who got 59 points last season to get 30 points (enough to finish 17th) next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.