2023/24 Dele

Why would we be entertaining the idea of paying £10 million for Deli Alli, when no other club in the world is showing any interest in him?

To play him for the rest of the season.

The overall deal was supposedly able to £40mill based on performances but with us paying zero upfront.

To my knowledge we've paid Spurs nothing and his deal is coming to an end in the summer. Hence why this "loan" idea gets thrown about because it's technically has been one. We've paid his wages but zero fees up to now

Dyche clearly wants him to be a part of the team this season...so if he plays more than 7 games, it triggers a £10mill payment to Spurs.

We'd either be negotiating on a few things -
Bringing that figure down
Paying that figure over a longer period
Hopefully remove any clauses that would take it up to that silly £40mill figure if he played.

Bottom line is that if we want him to play this season, we have to pay something. Cos his contract is up in the summer it'll be a case of - take this little bit of money from us or get nothing as we won't play him.

If we have 10m to pay, which I doubt, I would not be risking it on dele. I would be throwing it in the coffers for a less risky purchase.

Depends on what Dyche and the club want to do.

If he's firing on all cylinders you won't get a better player for £10mill (if he signed a new deal in the summer too). Also depends on the structure.

If we get a transfer ban too it maybe worthwhile.

Why though? Because he was good half a decade ago? Let's sign Danny Drinkwater then seeing as he'd now be free.

Alli's recent revelations, as sad and depressing as they are,and as brave as he was in revealing them, doesn't mean now that it's off his chest he's instantly interested in football again and will regain his form.

He's finished.
Oh dear.... because if he plays for us again it would mean he has overcome those problems, it would mean he has got such good form that he has forced his way into what is now a good team. I could go on but I think it would be lost on you.

My understanding is that he could play on six more occasions before any payment would be triggered. I bet you we don’t even use him for those six occasions that would cost us nothing at all, so we aren’t going to be paying any transfer fee to extend his contract when we don’t even make use of him without any transfer fee.