2023/24 Dele

Even when he was at the peak of his powers I always felt he was someone who was lucky to be surrounded by a very good Spurs side. Where he is now, is a combination of him never being as good as what people thought he was and an obvious psychological problem.

At this point I just hope he gets well. The idea he starts playing consistently at the top level for the first time in 4 years is a step too far for my imagination.

That's exactly where he needs to fit in.

A fit and happy Dele is the 2nd name on the teamsheet. (Beto is first, obvs. Absolutely dominated Doncaster)

It's a big ask but after the past few years we've suffered it's the kind of comeback story I'd like to cling onto.

Put it this way, it looks like we're getting actual money for Iwobi who averages a paltry 1.5 goals a season. Would you rather keep Iwobi and let him walk away on a free (which he 100% would do) or gamble half of the Iwobi money on a fit Dele?

I'm not much of a gambler, but it's a no brainer.

Pickford
Branthwaite
Tarkowski
Onana
Garner
McNeil
Beto
Dele

In no particular order...apart from Dele being behind the others in 8th spot.

I sense he has a desire to prove that he's able to get back on track. One goal and he may be re-energised with confidence.

Im looking forward to seeing him.

Expecting him to contribute anything is mental. He’s also not a midfielder. His best at Spurs was playing off Kane so the only place he fits is doing what Doucoure is doing right now.

ACM / SS / LF.

Can we stop with the Dele nonsense he was finished about 3 years ago. That's before having missed the last year almost. Even if he was to miraculously find his form we couldn't afford to play him. I would honestly just forget about him as an option
I think they are planning to use him. He has been in lots of the promotional stuff and Dyche was talking about him recently. If they can get him ready for when Doucoure potentially goes to AFCON, he will have a handful of games to prove himself.

If he doesn’t manage it, then we stop playing him and don’t spend the cash, if he does, then he may be worth the 10m.

----------------------Beto/DCL---------------

Mcneil------Dele/Docoure-----Harrison/Danjuma

------------Onana -----Garner------

---------------------Gana----------------

Myko---Branthwate---Tarks--Patterson/Coleman

This is my best 11 personally. Ideally I'd like to keep one CM on bench as back up assuming Gomes would be shipped off. If and IF Dele is integrated into the squad I think he could benefit off DCL and Beto's aerial prowess and convert flick ons with late runs.

This is my best 11 personally. Ideally I'd like to keep one CM on bench as back up assuming Gomes would be shipped off. If and IF Dele is integrated into the squad I think he could benefit off DCL and Beto's aerial prowess and convert flick ons with late runs.
We can’t field 12 fella!!

AHH the 4-1-2-3-2 formation, why don't teams use this more often ?

Mcneil------Dele----Harrison/Danjuma

------------Onana/Docoure -----Garner------

Needed another cup of coffee.

Can someone do me a favour and break down the deal we got dele for please massive 10 pound riding on this. Can I have a break down of the 40m that it could become please if anyone knows