2023/24 Dele

Imagine Dele at 10 instead of Doucs falling over his boots for 90minutes.

american-psycho-patrick-bateman.gif

When is he back? Could be worth the gamble if fit and focused.
In the same spirit, I could be worth the gamble starting at middle linebacker for the Chicago Bears.

Dele's done. He'll sit here taking a wage every week until his contract runs out. We couldn't even shift him in a summer when the Saudi league was buying up every big name they possibly could.

Firstly, he needs to show he's up for the challenge in the training ground. Then he's got half a dozen games to prove he's up to the standard. If..and its a big if, he does that, then half of the iwobi fee is a very acceptable amount to pay for what would be this whole season.

You're not going to believe this, but I suspect you're deliberately missing the point.
I mean yes and no - your simile/metaphor would be valid if Dele was a Sunday league/amateur player but as BB said, he was once probably the best young player in the world. Even now he's probably better and more gifted than the absolute donkey Doucoure, on no training and just sitting on his arse.

That said - "once", he no longer is, hopefully he reinvents himself, but his issues aren't his football or technique, he's not suffered an injury and healing isn't as straight forward. Hope for his own sake he manages to get over this and "fixes" himself, but that road is usually long and difficult.