2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not gonna take a 40 mil fall are we though? Because if we end up paying 40 mil for him, it will be because he's playing so often he's contributing and being worth the money. We could take a 10mil gamble however. I would rather take that than spend 10 mil on someone hideous, for example the 15mil on Maupay.
Totally agree, he has outlined the cause of his problems and accepted his form has suffered and wishes to address that. As a resul tthere is merit in us taking the gamble as he clearly has displayed his talent in previous years. If his desire is genuine, there is every chance he will improve and make a valued contribution.

We're not gonna take a 40 mil fall are we though? Because if we end up paying 40 mil for him, it will be because he's playing so often he's contributing and being worth the money. We could take a 10mil gamble however. I would rather take that than spend 10 mil on someone hideous, for example the 15mil on Maupay.
On 15th June 2017 we signed Klassen for £23.6 million Sold for £12 million on 27th July 2018 , £11.6 million that cost in 7 appearances. Dele as we all know is way above standard in the games he has played already compared to Klassen, £10 million is a bargain.

We need a creative/attacking midfielder type. We bid 30 odd million for Gibbs White last year and reported to have had an interest in Ndiaye.

We aren't getting one for 10 mill, so the question is whether Dele can play 38 games at a decent level to contribute and improve us and whether that is worth 10 mill to us.

….it’s not that simple, though. He has a year left on his contract so we could end up paying £10m for somebody who shows a bit of form for 11 games then relapses. Alternatively, he might be ok but decide to move on a Bosman at the end of the season. Surely better £10m options out there.

it’s a crazily risky situation for us to use him. Indeed, it was a crazily risky situation to take him in the first place.

Last edited:
No, 40mil was your point. If he's showing promise in training, play him, that's your justification, we have 6 games to find out if he's capable without it costing us. There is very little in our squad capable of playing the number 10 role. This is a very simple concept to understand. Lastly, he doesn't go by the name Alli anymore.
He can prove it himself yes. I said there was a window for him if he proves himself. Work on your reading comprehension before you preach to me about concepts friend.

….it’s not that simple, though. He has a year left on his contract so we could end up paying £10m for somebody who shows a bit of form for 11 games then relapses. Alternatively, he might be ok but decide to move on a Bosman at the end of the season. Surely better £10m options out there.

it’s a crazily risky situation for us to use him. Indeed, it was a crazily risky situation to take him in the first place.
And if common sense is to be applied, we shouldn't use him under the terms of the deal.

Other clubs can risk it, we cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.