2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right???

That’s the entirety of my point.

Dele of now is so far removed from Dele of 2018, it’s absolutely ridiculous. He might get back to those levels, but if I was a gambling man I wouldn’t bet on it.

Ravel Morrison was widely held to be the brightest prospect at United. Never got anywhere close to his potential despite numerous chances and few sympathetic managers.

Once more, to be clear:

Dele used to be dead good
He is no longer dead good
I wish him well but doubt a season will be enough time for him to rediscover his dead goodness
But even if he gets 50% of it back, that still makes him our best player.

I'm not writing him off yet, he's still young enough and talented enough to find his form. The biggest thing for him, with everything he's been through, is the love and desire to play. From the interview he seems to have that back. It's clear he needs an arm round him and fathering almost. Dyce will be hard but fair with him and the club/dyce have already shown great compassion with his recovery and I'm sure we will continue to do so. Not getting into the financials of it but if he shows enough in training to warrant gametime he will be an absolute bargain if he finds even 50% of his previous form. It could be a perfect match. We need some luck. Why not.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you, mate. His undoubted talent hasn't been seen, apart from the odd classy touch, for years. My, neither extensive, nor expert admittedly, experience of serious mental issues is that they're like WWI, with every advance being small and painful. If the guy was a full Everton player, I'd have a small degree of optimism that he could produce the odd cameo appearance toward the end of next season, and gradually move on from there, but he isn't our player, and we can't invest serious money based on worthy optimism.
"If the guy was a full Everton player"
"but he isn't our player"

Who's player is he mert ?

It doesn't matter how rich you are or the position you're in.

Mental health is a serious issue that can cause those who you think are in a much better position than yourself to completely self destruct.

One of my best friends had everything but still tried to take his own life, luckily he was helped after his attempt. Dele is clearly struggling with a lot and even I was dismissive with his attitude, so that's been a huge learning curve for me and I feel awful for it.

The fact he's come out publicly and shared his struggles shows he wants to get back to the player he once was, and I get the impression after his stint in rehab he really wants to.

We don't know (or I don't) know the full story about Aaron Lennon's issue, but I get the same feeling, all we can do is get behind him 100% regardless of his transfer arrangements and if he's back to his best it will be one of the biggest bargains of the century.

I believe the guys who arrange the pre match banners are already working on something for the first home game.

He's hit performances and heights in the game that not one other player we have has or ever will do.

We can't deny the lads ability. How many times did he start for us? How many minutes did he get? He was a luxury we couldn't risk but even so I recall the assist in the build up to Richarlisons last second crucial equaliser Vs Leicester and him turning around the Crystal Palace game.

It's a real shame how the deal has been structured. Helps nobody.

We can't rely on him next season, nor risk paying the fee but we don't really know. Have to trust Dyche and his team to know whether they can get him going.

If he can do 70% of what he did at Spurs then he's our best player.

Ask any palace fan, they crapped themselves when he was warming up to come on.

Let’s hope this kid can bounce back. I’m wondering if Chelsea will take a punt on him. Pochettino seems to worship him.

I think the deal we made with Spurs has stuffed him. Whilst clearly not on form we would have kept him around the squad and played him at pojnts last season. Likewise this season we'd give him a go. A £10m layout every 20 games (if that's what it is) makes a career with Everton unlikely though.

May be scope for renegotiation with Spurs but I won't hold my breath.

I think the deal we made with Spurs has stuffed him. Whilst clearly not on form we would have kept him around the squad and played him at pojnts last season. Likewise this season we'd give him a go. A £10m layout every 20 games (if that's what it is) makes a career with Everton unlikely though.

May be scope for renegotiation with Spurs but I won't hold my breath.

I honestly think Levy shafted us (well his "friend" Bill) knowing what was going on.

The man's a sociopath hence why he's such a successful business man.

In recent seasons since Del's form has fallen off a cliff the one common theme has been how poor he was at training.

If he genuinely wants to get himself back on track then the first step is to train like a demon.

It is the day to day work at Finch Farm will tell the manager if Dele is able to follow through on what he clearly would love to do.... get the form of the young Dele Alli back.
If he could do that we would have an 80m player on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.