2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as fans what should we do? We never awarded them the salary either?

And if other players don’t perform, do we hold our breath to see if there are underlying issues?
We don't know what is going on in players' lives, what they are dealing with, unless they tell us.

I never understand spitting fury at individual players purely because of that.

I mean, yeah. Maybe just think twice before you (not you personally, you get it) start spouting off that your least favourite footballer is a terrible human being who obviously doesn't care about their job and doesn't have the right to feel bad because they make good money.

Or, if that's not possible, just realise there's a difference between not tracking your man and being sexually abused.
At last a decent response to an open question

But that doesn’t answer the question, look at the Neal Maupay thread and Tom Davies, how do we know they are also not affected in some way by mental health issues?
You can criticise a player for having a poor game. But you shouldn’t advocate binning off a player who’s just admitted to having a drug addiction and being sexually abused as a child.

I’m not sure how you’re even linking the 2 things. You just sound like a bit of a tit.

I find it so ironic that one day after Dele released his interview - to a chorus of Everton fans saying they need to re-evaluate the way they treat players (you never know what someone's going through) - there is still absolute vitriol that's being spouted about 'failed' transfer targets or current players. It saddens me that we're clearly so desensitized by the way we communicate about players on twitter/etc that hate is a knee-jerk reaction to anything that minorly inconveniences/upsets people.

You can criticise a player for having a poor game. But you shouldn’t advocate binning off a player who’s just admitted to having a drug addiction and being sexually abused as a child.

I’m not sure how you’re even linking the 2 things. You just sound like a bit of a tit.
And your intelligence and vocabulary shines through

I find it so ironic that one day after Dele released his interview - to a chorus of Everton fans saying they need to re-evaluate the way they treat players (you never know what someone's going through) - there is still absolute vitriol that's being spouted about 'failed' transfer targets or current players. It saddens me that we're clearly so desensitized by the way we communicate about players on twitter/etc that hate is a knee-jerk reaction to anything that minorly inconveniences/upsets people.
"Don't be a jerk," is seemingly a hard lesson to learn.

Would I give him the go ahead over Maupay? Sure. He can’t be any worse. Would I give him a shot over other players that may deserve a chance as well just because he has struggled? I’m not expecting Cannon or anyone to step into the picture in all honesty, but you can’t just play someone based on a superficial reason. It’s like managers playing Iwobi, Siggy, Bolasie because we paid silly money for them or Rooney because “EVERTON LEGEND.” The best man deserves their shot. If it’s Cannon, Deli, Elanga, Gray, Iwobi, Gnoto or whoever so be it.
i'm with you. i just don't think pre-season and training will be enough to determine that. and we shouldn't be so scared of the add-ons in order to find out. whoever else we could get in for 10 million more likely or not will be a dud anyway

As does your lack of empathy and awareness of the situation.
I’m probably as aware as you.
The question asked was do we understand poor performance on the pitch can be due to mental health issues and as fans do we accept lack of success in exchange for duty of care?

Not sure why everyone can’t see the link, and how it’s not recognised that other players could be suffering the same, yet if you look in other threads abuse is quite common

But that’s not your preferred narrative is it

I dont think its just a football thing. It's people in general, they can be pretty horrible these days especially online.

People seem to be losing the ability to converse.

As a fan base we should accept the humanity of the situation, the guy has been through tough times and is trying to find a way through it.

He says he wants to come back better than he was, if he does that for us, then I will be delighted.

As he said himself, you can’t drive a car only looking in the rear view mirror, you have to look forward. We should all adopt that perspective.

I’m probably as aware as you.
The question asked was do we understand poor performance on the pitch can be due to mental health issues and as fans do we accept lack of success in exchange for duty of care?

Not sure why everyone can’t see the link, and how it’s not recognised that other players could be suffering the same, yet if you look in other threads abuse is quite common

But that’s not your preferred narrative is it
I dont think the two are linked. It's not a case of one or the other. Every club will deal with such things (Not to the extent if this instance with Dele) in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.