2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he isn't going to start a game like yesterday then the manager doesn't rate him. So we should move him on, even on loan, and bring in a forward the manager does like.

Unfortunately he did nothing to suggest he deserved to start when he came on.
Apart from Nottingham Foest who in their right mind would take him?

The Grim Reaper continues his tirade. We absolutely could, and did, accommodate James in a balanced side. All this “he doesn’t work hard” nonsense was pure bollocks.

We couldn't afford him given his availability. He started the season well then his form and fitness went. We got beat by absolute rubbish like Fulham and Newcastle at home when he played and we got ran off the pitch.

He did much more than Alli has, but that doesn't mean it was the right decision to sign him.

Can‘t really draw comparisons here. FSW wanted James gone, probably because he’d called the fat fraud out at Madrid.

The clowns who signed this overpaid waster are still running the club.
I think we also needed the wages of James and a couple of others off the books.
I think FFP also had a part to play in players leaving.

I have a real faith in the lad, maybe for no reason but I do think he can be massively important to us. Think the systems we'll play will suit him massively. I think he's someone that if we could kickstart and get a run of form he'd be unplayable. You can see already in the few months he's been here that he's a favourite in the dressing room. I think he could nail down a spot on the wing and fill a real gap for us, if we get a striker in that can be a focal point like Kane was for Spurs (obviously no where as good) then he'll have a much better time of it.

He's barely played for us so far, especially not with DCL fit, the one game I can think of with him was Palace where he changed the game when he came on. He's the opposite of side of the same coin of Iwobi for me. Iwobi truly looked like an awful footballer and never showed anything before Lampard came in now he's made himself valuable to the squad through hard work, Dele has shown that he's an unreal player but just looks like he hasn't been arsed in years, I think Lampard can bring that back out of him, if he can't then no one will.

I'm hoping that he can see players like Iwobi who was a out and out bad footballer for years is getting in the team ahead of him now because of his hard work and it's not a Champions League or title challenging team, it's one that almost got relegated. If he can't succeed here then his career is goosed, maybe he needs that wake up call that could spur him on to get back to close to where he once was.

I think we also needed the wages of James and a couple of others off the books.
I think FFP also had a part to play in players leaving.

Unfortunately, thanks to 5 years of appalling business, he probably did need to go. I’m not disputing that. I was disputing the comparison between James & Dele.
No disputing Dele was a class act a few years ago. No idea what’s going on with him now, but he’s shown nothing. Doesn’t look like he’s trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.