2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much money the club is willing to drop on this lad, but judging by the urgency they showed in getting rid of Rodriguez (who started and delivered whenever fit), you'd think there'd be a cut-off point in terms of allowing him to trigger payments.
I dont know how many games there is till Jan, but that would probably be it.

I dont know how many games there is till Jan, but that would probably be it.

I think Carlito is right.

I suspect we will probably use him in an emergency until January, and then look to loan him out.

As a slight aside, I wonder if there is a clause in the agreement that stipulates starts, as opposed to games.

I don't know how much money the club is willing to drop on this lad, but judging by the urgency they showed in getting rid of Rodriguez (who started and delivered whenever fit), you'd think there'd be a cut-off point in terms of allowing him to trigger payments.

Can‘t really draw comparisons here. FSW wanted James gone, probably because he’d called the fat fraud out at Madrid.

The clowns who signed this overpaid waster are still running the club.

If he isn't going to start a game like yesterday then the manager doesn't rate him. So we should move him on, even on loan, and bring in a forward the manager does like.

Unfortunately he did nothing to suggest he deserved to start when he came on.

If he isn't going to start a game like yesterday then the manager doesn't rate him. So we should move him on, even on loan, and bring in a forward the manager does like.

I just wonder if, off the record, he is there as an emergency until he gets to game 19, and then he won't play anymore.

There’s still a player in there but I think between his mental health issues and the bloody minded press never giving him a break we may never see that player again.

The fear of messing up and the press jumping on it is bound to take its mental toll especially on someone who is clearly very fragile on that front.

It’s a vicious circle, try something like he’s truly capable of and it goes wrong leads to more pressure (press and his own confidence) which leads to fear of trying what he’s capable of which makes it mentally harder to actually achieve what he’s capable of and so on.

Really think he needs a break from football in this country where he is unfairly scrutinised. Maybe a gentler league where less of an expectation and a less blood thirsty press will allow him to enjoy his football again where he can express himself.

Hate the UK press, nothing they like more than building people and teams up only to break them down. Sensationalist sh!t$

Can‘t really draw comparisons here. FSW wanted James gone, probably because he’d called the fat fraud out at Madrid.

The clowns who signed this overpaid waster are still running the club.
All true, but I was referring to the official line, that he was just such an unaffordable luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.