2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are worried that this lad wont run around and get stuck in. We have plenty of those already. Bluffers. But maybe he can control a ball and make a chance or 2. We dont have that and I'm willing to back him for a match or two. Someone like Richardson could do with him. Sit allan deep and instruction not to pass the half way line. He offers little beyond that anyway.

We are worried that this lad wont run around and get stuck in. We have plenty of those already. Bluffers. But maybe he can control a ball and make a chance or 2. We dont have that and I'm willing to back him for a match or two. Someone like Richardson could do with him. Sit allan deep and instruction not to pass the half way line. He offers little beyond that anyway.
We are badly missing hamez and siggy ,Ali is the nearest thing to them, he just doesn't seem bothered. Why not give Al ghazi a go, he can score goals.

Allan offers absolutely nothing in the deep midfield role though that’s the problem. And also he’s suspended for the next two.

"On 13 May 2020, Alli was held at knifepoint during a burglary by two men who broke into his house in north London. He was punched and suffered minor facial injuries. The burglars stole jewellery including watches."

That's going to have a bad effect on a sensitive chap like Dele. They're not all like Big Dunc, whose response would probably have resulted in the neds ending up head first in the local recycling centre.

Would give him until the end of the season to see if he can force his way into the team. If not, would take whatever we could get for him in the summer, free if we have to. In our position, someone on his wages can’t be a squad option, they have to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Save those big wages for a first team starter and we wouldn’t have to pay Spurs a penny for him either so not lost anything.

Been saying it since he got here…..this is an awful signing and hopefully the club gets much better in this area moving forward under Thelwell. Problem becomes money is more scarce now than under Walsh/Brands!

I said the same it screams Walcott / Iwobi / Bolasie.

Think he's a top player due to reputation when it turns out to be a huge expensive flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.