2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would genuinely be fantastic news if that's true. We shall see how it translates, but a Dele firing on all cylinders would fix a lot of problems. I have some concerns about how he fits in as well, but ability wise he's clear of just about everyone at the club. Lampard could build the system around him and Dom if he's back to his best, then fit in the rest around them. Need some proper CMs in to play behind.
Agree, there is potential there. On the ‘proper CM’s’ bit.. the spurs team that got to UCL final.. their midfield was Winks and Sissoko.. not exactly stellar but clearly effective. Can none of ours play these roles? Doucoure/Allan? Alongside a Zinchenko? DCL up top, Alli off him with Gray and Gordon either side? Or Alli off the left, iwobi in behind with either gray/Gordon on the right. Not saying we’d push top 6 but surely mid table!

Agree, there is potential there. On the ‘proper CM’s’ bit.. the spurs team that got to UCL final.. their midfield was Winks and Sissoko.. not exactly stellar but clearly effective. Can none of ours play these roles? Doucoure/Allan? Alongside a Zinchenko? DCL up top, Alli off him with Gray and Gordon either side? Or Alli off the left, iwobi in behind with either gray/Gordon on the right. Not saying we’d push top 6 but surely mid table!

Zinchenko, Doucoure & Winks would be a decent midfield imo. Dele playing off DCL could also be a great partnership.

Zinchenko, Doucoure & Winks would be a decent midfield imo. Dele playing off DCL could also be a great partnership.
Yeah in general I think we overstate how much a defensive monster is needed if you have CMs who are better on the ball. If we bring in two CMs who are good at retaining possession and passing, we don't necessarily need to play with a true #6. Then you can accommodate someone like Doucoure to do more of the running around when you need more steel in midfield. Not sure we have the dough for it, but hypothetically if you had a Zinchenko/Doucoure double pivot (or something along those lines) with Dele/Gibbs-White/Iwobi playing in a more advanced midfield role it would be potentially effective just by having competent players on the ball. Agree that mix in attack could do a very decent job assuming Dom stays healthy.

Not that I wouldn't feel better with a proper DM, but we just badly need midfielders who are comfortable on the ball and good at playing it forward, above all else.

I thought the club were going to spin it were Tom Davies was looking sharp in training, but no it’s Dele, listen because this lad has done a few star jumps and 20 sit ups in a certain time doesn’t mean we have signed a new player, as he was getting marked against Davies Gomes Gbabmin etc on these tests

I thought the club were going to spin it were Tom Davies was looking sharp in training, but no it’s Dele, listen because this lad has done a few star jumps and 20 sit ups in a certain time doesn’t mean we have signed a new player, as he was getting marked against Davies Gomes Gbabmin etc on these tests
Every season the same [insert numpty] has come back in amazing condition, ready to tear up the prem…then proceeds to tear hamstring.

Pre season will show us.

It's not like the guys an arsehole with toxic habits that'll wreck his career, he simply just seemed to lose motivation for the game and needs a certain connection with the manager.

If he has found that desire again, even if it's based on proving the media wrong them it's great news for us. Sometimes it just takes the right environment to make something click with a player.

If he has gotten himself in great shape and starts well this season, he'll become a big favourite and will thrive from that (as will DCL and all the attacking players)

For what its worth we heard the same thing for the last 3 summers at Tottenham, i dont think fitness has ever been an issue for Dele as he is always posting instagram stories of summer workouts before pre season had started mainly from training camps in Dubai and Mykonos. He actually started the season really well last year and then reverted back to his old ways of just not being very good at football. I still have a major soft spot for Dele and would love for him to recapture his early career promise so here's hoping he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.