2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will never ever understand your thinking. Never. Dele is cool and comfortable on the ball, he`s got a great footballing brain and the best thing is he`s already here

We have a team screaming out for some creativity and goalscorers, yet most want this lad punted when he has both if we can get him motivated and a system sorted that puts him central to it.

Weirdly I think at spurs he was always secondary to 'the main man' firstly Erickson then after him to Son.

Maybe what he needs is to be given the responsibility of being that focal point of a team.

Problem with this chap, is Frank starts him in twenty games.

He scores one goal, has one assist, and we lose twelve of the twenty games, and draw four...

Then we have to pay Levy 40M?

Is that about right, so can we afford to play him in those twenty games?

Errrm what mate?

We pay 10m once he's played 20 games for the club.

Speculation is then we pay another 10m after either another 20 games or 40 more games, nothing has been ever confirmed about that officially though.

The extra 20m is anyone's guess as it's either based on personal performance targets being hit or appearances after the 40/60 mark or other clauses.

In short this season we'd pay 10m, possibly an extra 10m towards the end of season possibly not also.

We have a team screaming out for some creativity and goalscorers, yet most want this lad punted when he has both if we can get him motivated and a system sorted that puts him central to it.

Weirdly I think at spurs he was always secondary to 'the main man' firstly Erickson then after him to Son.

Maybe what he needs is to be given the responsibility of being that focal point of a team.
I suppose it’s because we’ve been here many times before hoping that players will return to their former glories

If he gets anywhere near back to his best on a consistent basis a front line of him and dcl will be tremendous

He scores one goal, has one assist, and we lose twelve of the twenty games, and draw four...

isn`t that 40m in staged payments though. i`m ignorant of the financial side so it might already be well known `cept by me of course

I suppose it’s because we’ve been here many times before hoping that players will return to their former glories

If he gets anywhere near back to his best on a consistent basis a front line of him and dcl will be tremendous

Most often though it was an ageing washed up player though mate (Gazza, Ginola, Rooney) or one who had other issues due to personal lifestyle (VdM, Drenthe, Gazza (again) etc)

This lad doesn't have baggage like that, he's not old, not basically crocked from injury, it's just about seemingly needing to have the right manager and desire.

Yep, another crazy and ridiculous Everton transfer. Levy pulled out pants down over Alli, then took our pants off with Richarlison.

i think we`re very lucky to have him at all because if Dele had kept up his early form at Tottenham, the lad would probably be at PSG or somewhere and be going for upwards of £100m. this lad can play and will put the sale of Richarlison in the shade

No, once he hits 20 games (he’s played 11 so far) we give Spurs £10m, then after another 20 (meaning he needs to play 29 games) it’s another £10m. We probably won’t ever hit the full £40m unless we win a trophy

Errrm what mate?

We pay 10m once he's played 20 games for the club.

Speculation is then we pay another 10m after either another 20 games or 40 more games, nothing has been ever confirmed about that officially though.

The extra 20m is anyone's guess as it's either based on personal performance targets being hit or appearances after the 40/60 mark or other clauses.

In short this season we'd pay 10m, possibly an extra 10m towards the end of season possibly not also.
Thanks for the explanation.

Another question, does "playing in a game", mean that if he comes on as a sub with ten minutes to go does that constitute a "game"?

Status
Not open for further replies.