Dear David Moyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current Moyes would be even more determined as he has something to prove after unsuccessful ventures since leaving Everton...

His heart has always been at Everton he would bring the passion back & make goodison a fortress again...

Moyes will be waiting for that call, he has unfinished business to deal with...

I just chucked my supper up. Carrots and everything.

If I put my right hand back and my left hip forward it gives the illusion that we have a gun but we both know we don't. We have a knife.
For some reason that gave me a right old chuckle!

I think the last real gun we had was Andy Gray! Big Dunc was alright, but he was more of a big club than a gun!

Yakubu’s trigger was dodgy and Lukaku was a lethal weapon Being operated by Corporal Clott!

OK I've had a look at Moyes last 5 seasons vs the seasons since, I've only had a quick look but the points tally against City, United, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool is as follows;

08/09 - 12 Points
09/10 - 15 Points
10/11 - 19 Points
11/12 - 10 Points
12/13 - 15 Points

13/14 - 14 Points
14/15 - 7 Points
15/16 - 8 Points
16/17 - 10 Points
17/18 - 4 Points
18/19 - 2 Points

Seems to be a drop off in the post Moyes era when we've been playing the super football we all wanted. I appreciate some of those teams have strengthened significantly in that period but so have we in the last couple of seasons, which incidentally is when we've gained fewest points. There's all sorts of variables you could chuck into the mix to discredit Moyes, but the simple fact is his record more than stands up against anyone we've had since.
It is quite sad that he left just before Moshiri came in. Don’t forget he had us above well-moneyed Aston Villa, finished above Liverpool a few times and we usually were higher than Tottenham.

His reputation is terrible now, but there was a reason he won all those manager of the year awards.

I reckon if Fergie is tapped up some other chump we would probably ended up where Tottenham are now.

Oh lord, you should get an award
“We’re getting relegated”
Who writes this shizzle
Needs to be berated

Give him a crack
I’d love to to be fair
And not simply because
He’s got red hair

But because he bestowed upon us
The likes of Kevin Mirallas
We’re Everton
not Crystal Palace (sorry Alan whittle....that was a tad fickle)
I cannot forget those European aways
Staggering around leathered for multiple days
The ale drowned out the pain
At Benfica and Bucaresti
Lisbon and Liege
None were contested

He waved the white flag
And dampened our dream
Having a penchant for five right backs
All in the same team

So no thanks Gingerbullocks
Please don’t come back
I’d prefer to watch Senor Marco
Get us back on track
By making good the terrible mess
That Koeman and Walsh left
All over the place.
You can’t polish a turd in
So little time
Have some resilience you Blue boys
And all will be fine.

Or something like that.

Mine isn't going to Rhyme, but goes something like this:

Moyes built the foundations, he built the base,
That arrested our previous fall from grace

Silva is clueless, our growth doth he stunt,
He's an absolute useless fraud and a

charlatan.

Nope, told you it wouldn't rhyme.........

What makes you think Moyes is a dinosaur? He had laid limitations, but in all the years here I never felt he was old fashioned or behind the times. In fact he was a workaholic who was always trying to get the team functioning better.

I know he became a joke figure to most people after Man Utd, but I would expect fans to know and appreciate what he did here. For some reason he gets lumped in with Sam and Pulis, and I just don’t get it.

Copied this in here....as it was off topic in the Silva thread

I watched his team for years. His priority was % football. Don't concede and nick a goal was his favoured tactic. Nick a goal mostly through getting the ball up to the front man as fast as possible. In the long tiresome 12,487 years he was with us he did manage to occasionally come up with a team that would string a few passes together and entertain but the overall majority for me was direct and dour % football that was good enough only to maintain an average position but never push higher.

After many of those eye-gougingly terrible games where we would fail to gain anything from our risk-free football, he would invariably blame everything under the sun for the lack of points apart from the main culprit which was his dinosaur tactics.

This is getting silly now. I didn't mind Moyes, for all his faults the team had some fight and at times played some very decent todgeball. I didn't want him to be sacked or for him to leave but saying that I was not overly sad when he decided to leave. His time had come to a natural end.

The reasons for this are for as much as he stabilised us, he could never push us on to the next level. He ruined fairly good strikers, Yakubu, Beattie and Johnson. All put up reasonable numbers before Everton and even early days here, but by the end looked like carthorses. We were dumped out of cups by rubbish teams far too many times. The team bar from a little spell didn't believe they could win and that was passed on to them by the manager. As we were trying to win bringing knives to a gun fight, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Swansea, Portsmouth and Wigan actually managed to win a trophy. He was a good manager and a perfect fit for us when he joined, but wistfully thinking back about those days is just looking at it with rose tinted glasses. The pain of what we went through has been dulled with the passage of time. We are in a much more competitive league now than back then, Moyes would be struggling to secure 7th/8th just like we are now.

Copied this in here....as it was off topic in the Silva thread

I watched his team for years. His priority was % football. Don't concede and nick a goal was his favoured tactic. Nick a goal mostly through getting the ball up to the front man as fast as possible. In the long tiresome 12,487 years he was with us he did manage to occasionally come up with a team that would string a few passes together and entertain but the overall majority for me was direct and dour % football that was good enough only to maintain an average position but never push higher.

After many of those eye-gougingly terrible games where we would fail to gain anything from our risk-free football, he would invariably blame everything under the sun for the lack of points apart from the main culprit which was his dinosaur tactics.
He played effective football. He may not have been as stylish as some, usually better funded, managers. But he cut his cloth to suit what we had and we punched above our weight. I mean, his Preston team played entertaining, attacking football, but it is harder to do that the higher up the leagues you go.

I was reading Bobby Robson the other day in some old coaching manual and he said that tactics are overrated, and that it comes down to having good players. And Steve Davis was talking the other day, and said that some players in snooker can get all the coaching they want, but they cannot match someone with natural ability.

Personally I think Moyes is far from as bad as some people make out tactically, he just played in a way to get the most out of the squad. By the end of his tenure we were actually a stylish team, and Martinez just continued in that vein, at least initially.

Best Everton manager in my lifetime (well, memory, anyway), and I doubt anyone else under 30 would argue with that. Not the man for us now obviously, but he did do a hell of a job.

Best Everton manager in my lifetime (well, memory, anyway), and I doubt anyone else under 30 would argue with that. Not the man for us now obviously, but he did do a hell of a job.

He did, I doubt any other manager could have done what he did, we were gone, dead and buried, he took us from the bottom to near the top, he gave us some trips out at Wembley and hope after some pretty grim years.

He ironically gave us the platform we have now, which means hes not really the right man for us.

United ruined him, the higher tier players laughed at him and that was it, nobody will ever respect him enough again, you could say he got lucky, the players he bought for buttons were not only VERY talented, but they all had heart, hunger and desire, I say lucky, but he defo had everything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.