Deadwood FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

three quarters of a million quid being thrown down the drain each week. The Everton way.
It's disgusting 39 million a year and we might as well throw it into the mersey, clubs really need to get together world wide and intraduce a salary cap like they have in American sports, it will put a stop to sub Average players like Morgan picking up in a week what, would take us ordinary folk years to earn.

Besic and McCarthy, possibly Holgate and Vlasic. Rest are scary bad. Thought Tarashaj released?
I hesitate to even call McCarthy deadwood but then I remember he hardly played before being injured.

Also it's sad that he has stuck with Everton for so long, that I forget how (relatively) young he is. I remember thinking he wasn't getting into the team because of age but saw he was 25 or 26 at the time. Still only 28 now.

This would be a team to fear, in a 7-3-2-3 formation:

Stekelenberg
Martina - Williams - Jagielka - Browning - Galloway - Pennington - Garbutt
Besic - Schneiderlin - McCarthy
Mirallas --------------------------------------------------------------- Bolasie
Sandro - Niasse - Tosun​

If we use the figures from the Echo piece today and add in the players they missed, who are also on loan, but maybe not deadwood as such, its really quite a staggering amount of money.

Morgan Schneiderlin £120,000 per week
James McCarthy £50,000
Kevin Mirallas £75,000
Cenk Tosun £67,000
Ashley Williams £60,000
Cuco Martina £40,000
Mo Besic £25,000
Yannick Bolasie £70,000
Sandro Ramirez £120,000
Phil Jagielka £50,000
Nikola Vlasic £40,000

Tarashjai 20k
Niasse 55k
Pennington 10k
Holgate 25k
Garbutt 25k
Dowell 10k
J Williams 10k
Robinson 10k
Connolly 10k

Thats 902k a week, in wages that arent working for us, 46m per year, add on the fact that there were rumours we were still paying Rooney something, add in the wages we are still paying Martinez? and certainly Koeman and its a disgusting amount of money we are flushing down the toilet each week.

Now some of the loans we will be getting a small fee and some % of wages paid, but most of the above are gonna take some shifting and have longish contracts, so sadly there is no easy fix. A few windows of prudence is sadly the order of the day.

It's disgusting 39 million a year and we might as well throw it into the mersey, clubs really need to get together world wide and intraduce a salary cap like they have in American sports, it will put a stop to sub Average players like Morgan picking up in a week what, would take us ordinary folk years to earn.
Salary caps are not the answer, at least not a hard salary cap. Luxury tax is what is used in the Baseball league over here and I think some form of that could be helpful. Capping salaries hard could really see a lot of players opting for other leagues that don't have them. I feel it would have to be a FIFA regulation.

Salary caps are not the answer, at least not a hard salary cap. Luxury tax is what is used in the Baseball league over here and I think some form of that could be helpful. Capping salaries hard could really see a lot of players opting for other leagues that don't have them. I feel it would have to be a FIFA regulation.
Basketball has luxury tax I think, isn't that where a team can pay over the cap, but have to pay the amount over again, so if you are 20 million over you pay another 20 million and the extra money is divvied up among the teams not over the tax?

Basketball has luxury tax I think, isn't that where a team can pay over the cap, but have to pay the amount over again, so if you are 20 million over you pay another 20 million and the extra money is divvied up among the teams not over the tax?
Not quite sure on the finer points of it. I always understood that it's a certain percentage of the amount you overspent on salaries, that you have to pay to the league. This way a team might be more hesitant to overpay an unproven player, but will weigh it out and pay massive salaries to world class players. Then if you overspend, at least you're just paying money back to your league and helping it grow. Kind of seems like a win/win to me but again, not an expert on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.