2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole problem everyone is identifying everywhere on GOT is that Klassen Gylfi and Rooney can't play in the same team, but they could if it was Klassen in Midfield, Gylfi in CAM and Rooney up front ...IF Davies or Gana is the other midfielder and Vlasic and Lookman are the others up front - i.e. it works if EVERYONE else is fast

In fairness he may be getting a bit of a disservice from the wider fanbase since only match goers actually saw him play without Rooney & Sigurdsson vs Sunderland.

My worry is that when I have seen him, he's not looking to get among it, track, make tackles or anticipate second balls in the midfield area. Ok this may not be his game, but when you are having a bad time of it, these are the default basics you apply to take the heat off.

There have been signs of brilliance and quick thinking when we have shifted forward quickly, but these instances are so few and far between given our lack of overall pace and movement around him.

Koeman's tactics are also making things harder than they need to be for a few of our players right now.

Last edited:
I know this thread has gone a bit dairy but I think he's going to be good
Why not stick him in the middle with Davies or Gana and not ahead. Give him responsibility and leadership and it might work in our favour

i.e. 4-2-3-1 if that's the formation make it this in the Europa

Kenny - Holgate - Jags - Baines

Klassen - Davies

Sandro - Rooney - Vlasic

DCL
we would have the Europa league won by December with that lineup. But it is missing a right wing back, has to much pace on wings and hasn't got either gana or schnederlin, so we won't do it.

In fairness he may be getting a bit of a disservice from the wider fanbase since only match goers actually saw him play without Rooney & Sigurdsson vs Sunderland.

My worry is that when I have seen him, he's not looking to get among it, track, make tackles or anticipate second balls in the midfield area. Ok this may not be his game, but when you are having a bad time of it, these are the default basics you apply to take the heat off.

There have been signs of brilliance and quick thinking when we have shifted forward quickly, but these instances are so few and far between given our lack of overall pace and movement around him.

Koeman's tactics are also making things harder than they need to be for a few of our players right now.

I think it's because he doesn't know what to do exactly - what is his responsibility exactly in which part of the pitch?

100% agree with what you say about working hard etc whenever your off your game... gives you time with the manager , players and fans to turn it round... this is why I got so wound up with Barkley... he wouldn't put the effort in

Reactions: Sy-
the whole problem everyone is identifying everywhere on GOT is that Klassen Gylfi and Rooney can't play in the same team, but they could if it was Klassen in Midfield, Gylfi in CAM and Rooney up front ...IF Davies or Gana is the other midfielder and Vlasic and Lookman are the others up front - i.e. it works if EVERYONE else is fast

Except that Klaassen is in no way a midfielder, so playing him there ahead of Gana, Davies, Besic, or even Schneiderlin or Rooney would be mad.

Plus Rooney isn't a centre forward, so playing him there instead of DCL would be mental.

We would still end up with three players drifting into the same position and ambling about slowly and uselessly, just that in your case there wouldn't be a central midfield or strikers either.

Klassen has done nothing so far to justify a starting position, Tom Davies has done everything to prove he does deserve to start.

I'm sure he'll be a very valuable player, he needs time to settle, but this shouldn't be at the detriment of our current performances/results.

Status
Not open for further replies.