2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took until December for Mkhitaryan to score for United and he had been in and out of the team for United until that point, and arguably didn't fully settle into the team until the end of the season. He is a better player than Klaassen so don't see why we shouldn't expect Klaassen to take time to settle exactly as Koeman has been saying (Sandro as well). Sigurdsson needs to show more than he has so far as it should be less of a transition for him.

Total contrast from Barkley ... Barkley is guilty of holding the ball to long... davy needs to learn to delay his passes IMO he moves the ball to quickly sometimes and doesn't give people a chance to get on the end of them... this is where Davies is quality... his weight and his timing of passes is excellent... but I suppose it has to be seeing as he's not the biggest, strongest, fastest etc... he's had to learn these skills in order to make it

To be fair, we could have written Neville off as a tremendous grass snake after about 5 games and been just as right 245 games later

I wrote him off on his debut when he demanded the ball, pointed to Kilbane (I think) on the left wing to make a run, struck the balls with his instep, ála his mate Becks, and the balls curled awkwardly into row z. I remember thinking "who does this bell think he is... he would never even attempt that pass at United, which demonstrates what he feels about our club"... 10 games later, given the armband... cue the worst captain in our history.

now cue the "but he saved our season with that Ronaldo tackle" shouts - behave, it was a great tackle I admit, but what other positive contribution did he make in his next 100 games?

I wrote him off on his debut when he demanded the ball, pointed to Kilbane (I think) on the left wing to make a run, struck the balls with his instep, ála his mate Becks, and the balls curled awkwardly into row z. I remember thinking "who does this bell think he is... he would never even attempt that pass at United, which demonstrates what he feels about our club"... 10 games later, given the armband... cue the worst captain in our history.

now cue the "but he saved our season with that Ronaldo tackle" shouts - behave, it was a great tackle I admit, but what other positive contribution did he make in his next 100 games?
that's not fair mate... just look at those hightlights whilst at Everton
Phil-Neville-1.jpg

It took until December for Mkhitaryan to score for United and he had been in and out of the team for United until that point, and arguably didn't fully settle into the team until the end of the season. He is a better player than Klaassen so don't see why we shouldn't expect Klaassen to take time to settle exactly as Koeman has been saying (Sandro as well). Sigurdsson needs to show more than he has so far as it should be less of a transition for him.

Some players take longer to settle than others, what's the harm.
We shouldn't be so unforgiving.
Also, some players take longer to reach their full potential.

I know this thread has gone a bit dairy but I think he's going to be good
Why not stick him in the middle with Davies or Gana and not ahead. Give him responsibility and leadership and it might work in our favour

i.e. 4-2-3-1 if that's the formation make it this in the Europa

Kenny - Holgate - Jags - Baines

Klassen - Davies

Sandro - Rooney - Vlasic

DCL

Status
Not open for further replies.