2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The run for the goal showed why he scored so many goals last season albeit in a far weaker league. Watch again he took 2 defenders with him, that allowed Rooney so much space to bury the header. I'm not writing him off, but there will be real competition for places when siguardsson arrives. Funnily enough that might take some pressure off the lad, as I expect siguardsson to hit the ground running as he is accustomed to the league like Keane and Pickford.

In fairness to him he looked a bit lost on Saturday, I mean because he looked like he was unsure of his role.
I thought he was trying hard but let a few passes go astray, it kind of snowballed on him and he lost all confidence.
Give him a chance before nailing him to the cross.
That could be levelled at the whole team, especially the first half. The team was set up wrong, not klassen's fault but the manager's.

There's no function for him.

Hand on heart: how on earth does he get a starting position if Rooney, Davies, Schneiderlin and Gueye are all fit?

He is the inferior of all those players - he couldn't force out those behind him and he's certainly not the equal of Rooney who he often takes the space of; and Davies adds more impetus to the team when he comes on and replaces Klaassen.

What role can he possible make his own? None as far as I can see.

Everyone is saying that it's only the first game.

The lad hasn't done a whole lot in all the pre-season and Europa games, it's more than just one game.

I'm sure he'll adjust and become a better player but I just hope we're not starting him because we paid good money for him, he has to earn his place and right now I'd rather Davies starting over him and when Siggy comes in, Klaassen will be depth for a while.

To be fair, first game of the season/played 60 minutes.

Seems some of our fans desperately need a scapegoat, with Lukaku off and Barkley next, scrambling around for who it'll be. Looking increasingly Klaassen...

Well to early to be so conclusive.

Hence why I said early signs.

Everyone is saying that it's only the first game.

The lad hasn't done a whole lot in all the pre-season and Europa games, it's more than just one game.

I'm sure he'll adjust and become a better player but I just hope we're not starting him because we paid good money for him, he has to earn his place and right now I'd rather Davies starting over him and when Siggy comes in, Klaassen will be depth for a while.

Niether has anyone really until the 2nd half yesterday

Reactions: JLW

The run for the goal showed why he scored so many goals last season albeit in a far weaker league. Watch again he took 2 defenders with him, that allowed Rooney so much space to bury the header. I'm not writing him off, but there will be real competition for places when siguardsson arrives. Funnily enough that might take some pressure off the lad, as I expect siguardsson to hit the ground running as he is accustomed to the league like Keane and Pickford.

Is this magic run the only thing people are using as an example of him being really good?

I mean, if Cleverly or Naismith made that run no one would care.

There's no function for him.

Hand on heart: how on earth does he get a starting position if Rooney, Davies, Schneiderlin and Gueye are all fit?

He is the inferior of all those players - he couldn't force out those behind him and he's certainly not the equal of Rooney who he often takes the space of; and Davies adds more impetus to the team when he comes on and replaces Klaassen.

What role can he possible make his own? None as far as I can see.

..the more you see of Davies amongst these high profile signings the more obvious it becomes how good he is. I saw a quote from Stan Collymore this morning saying how much he rates the Everton youngster and feels he could make his full England debut this season.

..the more you see of Davies amongst these high profile signings the more obvious it becomes how good he is. I saw a quote from Stan Collymore this morning saying how much he rates the Everton youngster and feels he could make his full England debut this season.
He just belongs in the first team.

I felt embarrassed that the manager left him on the bench again to accommodate a quite obviously inferior player.

Status
Not open for further replies.