2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early signs are that Klassen is not cut out for this league. Hard to see how he retains his place if the Gilfi transfer is finally completed

To be fair, first game of the season/played 60 minutes.

Seems some of our fans desperately need a scapegoat, with Lukaku off and Barkley next, scrambling around for who it'll be. Looking increasingly Klaassen...

Well to early to be so conclusive.

He's very clever, obviously there's nothing he can do with his physic at this stage. It won't take him long to work out he can win so many free kicks in dangerous positions for us. He won't have been in such physical games before. I have faith he will come good. Clever players adapt, it just doesn't happen on his first experience of a prem game

Seems some of our fans desperately need a scapegoat, with Lukaku off and Barkley next, scrambling around for who it'll be. Looking increasingly Klaassen...

Agreed, it's something I really detest about some of our fans, I'm not looking at everything through blue tints, but FFS give the lad a chance. It takes time for people to settle in and adjust in any walk of life, why should footballers be any different?

To me it's more down to seeing glimpses of something that will make you go "ah okay"

Remember Bilyaledinov first game? Pinging balls left right and centre, crosses, beaut of a shot?

Then the league got him and he struggled with the pace but still smashed in a couple of 30 yarders.

You're not seeing a "spark" with Klassen yet which is what's got people head scratching.

He's very clever, obviously there's nothing he can do with his physic at this stage. It won't take him long to work out he can win so many free kicks in dangerous positions for us. He won't have been in such physical games before. I have faith he will come good. Clever players adapt, it just doesn't happen on his first experience of a prem game

Is what I've deduced from his limited game time so far.

To me it's more down to seeing glimpses of something that will make you go "ah okay"

Remember Bilyaledinov first game? Pinging balls left right and centre, crosses, beaut of a shot?

Then the league got him and he struggled with the pace but still smashed in a couple of 30 yarders.

You're not seeing a "spark" with Klassen yet which is what's got people head scratching.

60 minutes of competitive league football like. New league/new team.

Big transfer fee, but of an unknown, not a standout debut needs to shave his head more than Wayne = easy target

My Dutch, Feyenoord supporting, Ajax hating boss thinks he's gonna be quality and hated saying that. I think he's gonna be klass.

unless you're in here elegantly wumming, I would just like to say that making statements like not up to it or whatever is the hallmark of a stupid football fan. i dont want to insult anybody like, but you are going to make me think you are stupid if you do this. i'd like to think we are intelligent and thoughtful human fans on here guys.

Klassen will get a firm judging from behind about 5 games into his second season.

I don't know what to think about him at the moment. Perhaps sub him in to be involved more and gain the pace of the game. I wanted him to gel but I just don't see it yet. Hope he comes good.

Will take time to settle in and will be a good player for us . What is great now is players coming of the bench are playing for a starting place next week . In the past players could have a stinker and still be 100% to start next week . 3 or 4 more Koeman signing of "players who can start " and we will be bang there . Siggy a striker and a centre back or maybe 2 centre backs and Coleman and bolllasie back ... excting times for me !

In fairness to him he looked a bit lost on Saturday, I mean because he looked like he was unsure of his role.
I thought he was trying hard but let a few passes go astray, it kind of snowballed on him and he lost all confidence.
Give him a chance before nailing him to the cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.