2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was average. It's hard because I expect so much based on what he did last year but I must remember he is young, adapting to a new country, and more importantly his teammates- the later is key for the position he plays.

He's played four games.

Tanzania = awful
Twente = a bit better
Genk = really bad by most judgments
Slovakian lads = really poor and went missing second half

I'm actually taking a more objective view of him than most who are looking at him through super blue / 'he's a new signing forgive him' space goggles. I'm treating him as A.N.Other Everton player.
Absolutely ridiculous lol I felt he was bad against Genk and average to good against the others. Today he was by far our best player. Intelligent movement, passes, runs plus he got in to good positions and had a few chances. In the second half he was given 0 space by his own team and therefore couldnt exact his playstyle.

Disappointed that a user who I consider to be intelligent can't see this. Also baffles my mind that you would pay money to sponsor a thread about a player you clearly dislike.

Absolutely ridiculous lol I felt he was bad against Genk and average to good against the others. Today he was by far our best player. Intelligent movement, passes, runs plus he got in to good positions and had a few chances. In the second half he was given 0 space by his own team and therefore couldnt exact his playstyle.

Disappointed that a user who I consider to be intelligent can't see this. Also baffles my mind that you would pay money to sponsor a thread about a player you clearly dislike.

I don't dislike him, not like Snivelley where I thought he was the worst person in the universe.

I just don't like his performances so far. I've sponsored the thread so we can have a discussion about it with two sides of the debate.

Was ok overall.

Some neat one-twos, couple of decent runs into the box... got a shot off albeit a bit scuffed.

Potential is there but needs to improve by next week (along with the rest of the team, not trying to single him out) by next week.

One thing which really peeved me.. he failed to find DCL when he himself finally found a good run into space during the first half which was what looked like a really easy ball forward.

Was ok overall.

Some neat one-twos, couple of decent runs into the box... got a shot off albeit a bit scuffed.

Potential is there but needs to improve by next week (along with the rest of the team, not trying to single him out) by next week.

One thing which really peeved me.. he failed to find DCL when he himself finally found a good run into space during the first half which was what looked like a really easy ball forward.
Agree with this. As the team improves so will he.

It's weird how sometimes passes look easy to pull off on tv or when your at the game, but you have to take in to account what is going on in the players head.

First time I've seen him play for us and he looked all right to me.

It'll take time for him both to get up to speed with the game in England and for him and his teammates to get to the point where they naturally know where they are. Way too early to judge him, but some will doubtless have written him off already. I bet they hate waiting for a kettle to boil too.

Think he was the signing this summer I knew least about / therefore maybe most worried about...but I liked the neat one two's around the box and he always looked like he wanted to be involved. I was pretty happy from what I saw tonight from I can't believe its not Naismith

He's increased our quota of effective midfield players, sadly we look bereft of creative guile.

Status
Not open for further replies.