2017/18 Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come from a totally different league and needs a bit of time to adjust.

I watched Leicester win last night and Iborra was strughling with the lack of time he had on the ball also and he came from a better league.

Definitely doesn't look a no.10, he doesn't offer much around the box. Looks tidy on the ball though and always looks up for a pass, a handy player to have when we're playing a team who will let us have a possession. Call it wishful thinking but I think he'd form a good partnership with Barkley if we ever see him play for us again.

Some of his one-touch passing looked tidy in the first half; but if I had to guess now, I would say that he isn't long for England.

Getting better each game but i think he will really benefit if we can get a solid starting 11 all playing together as a side who no where each other is....etc the next run of games will be perfect for him

I like him, but he needs movement and runners to get the most out of that football brain of his.

Understand why he isnt everyone's cup of tea but every time I see him I think we need more players who are on his wavelength
This is also what I'm starting to think.

He's a clever player who looks a bit lost at the moment and I attribute that to the fact that the 'Ajax way' of football is ingrained in him and life here so far has been a bit of a culture shock. He was fantastic in that Ajax side a lot of the time and he didn't just become their club captain by chance. He's a very talented player.

Like Sandro and Vlasic, I'm personally going to give the guy a full season in the Prem to get himself acclimatised to the game and his team mates. Obviously there's no guarantee that he'll turn into a superstar for us but I feel all new players, especially from different leagues, can't just be written off so early. We've seen it so many times in the Prem with foreign players in particular.

Maybe I'm watching a different player, but his linkup play in the hole is really good. He lacks sharpness at the moment, but you can see him trying to tick the ball over.
My issue with him mate, is that he looks very one paced. Can't see anything (yet) that he does really well. Trying to give this lad the time he needs, but in this cut throat league its not so easy to get that time. Saw him nutmeg a Sunderland player tonight but he couldn't get away from him. Nice cross for Calvert Lewins header that hit the post. But against very average opposition I was looking for more from him. Hoping his flicks start to be read by his team mates, or he starts getting a few goals soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.