Confirmed Signing Davy Klaassen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think basically where we're at is that we'll just churn again: (Lukaku aside) we'll sell some players and buy in roughly the same quality and give that a whirl.

It's just a changing of the guard. Maybe we get lucky and they all turn out CL class players. But this is a needs must transfer policy.

I'm mostly interested in who we get when Lukaku goes. That decision will make or break us, IMO. He was the difference between us being 7th or midtable last season. Tbh, I have zero faith in Koeman getting that decision right.

We should spread the risk, get someone in even if we don't like the bloke as a person (Vardy) who will get goals and suit the system short term, Sandro is looking likely and get in a Dolberg type who hopefully can become that Lukaku calibre player. those three would cost what? say 5m, 20-25m and 30m? 55-60m of a 80+m fee spend the rest on a genuine quality playmaker

Or Vardy, Sandro Batshuayi etc

Stats showed that last season we did no better, in fact worse, at conceding from dead ball deliveries....the bugbear of not only the Martinez but Moyes years.

There was no better organisation, it was simply a matter of using more personnel to get behind the ball.

11 less goals conceded than under Martinez.

Koeman is great. ;)

How random are they when they see the player more than the two experts you point to?

I dont know what Walsh and Koeman think of Klaassen (hopefully they dont think enough of him to bring him here) but I do know what the Ajax supporter thinks of him and is getting at. Having seen the player a few times myself, what he stated crystallised my own view on the player.

It could just as easily have been Jimmy NoChins from Wigan that posted that though. Jimmy has watched as much Dutch football as he has eaten vegetables in the last 20 years.

I see him as an attacking midfielder and just the type of player we want (and can realistically expect). It will not be about how much we are willing to pay, more about who will join us. The huge so called stars will go to bigger clubs still as we develop. Would be v excited to get this guy.

We should spread the risk, get someone in even if we don't like the bloke as a person (Vardy) who will get goals and suit the system short term, Sandro is looking likely and get in a Dolberg type who hopefully can become that Lukaku calibre player. those three would cost what? say 5m, 20-25m and 30m? 55-60m of a 80+m fee spend the rest on a genuine quality playmaker

Or Vardy, Sandro Batshuayi etc

I like the look of Sandro. He's lively and gets shots off. He is a little one footed though and that always worries me.

I see a big target man coming in. I'm certain Koeman sees that as a necessity in the PL. The way we attack next season will be more from out wide, and plenty of balls into the box. I cant see too much movement construction and certain players will be out in the cold.

You wouldn't have taken any of the names mentioned previously? Do you not want us to win?!?

Oh, wait...
Not what I said. I stated I'd be concerned on any player from that league. The one's you highlighted are notable successes. The exceptions that prove the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.