David Moyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's Advocate - It's a lot to ask of Dunc to do it til the end of the season. Saturday was brilliant, but it seems unlikely he could keep up that sort of thing over another 22 games. Moyes at least is experienced, and whatever we might think of him, he's a fairly safe pair of hands. IF (and it's a very big IF) it got Dunc more experience of being more involved in the management side of things and it meant we took our time and got a long term, thought-out appointment in for teh summer, would it be the worst thing in the world?

I stress, it most certainly wouldn't be the way I would do it, but we'd be ok until the summer at least.

I have several reservations over this.

1. If Moyes comes, no way is he going to say "six months and thats my lot", he's going to want some sort of pathway to give himself a chance at a longer term gig
2. Is he really a safe pair of hands? He's been somewhere between mediocre and appalling for the last decade.
3. We're recementing Bill Kenwright's hold over the levers of power, because those two are thick as thieves. Brands is then completely superfluous because every time he gets a no from Marcel, he'll be straight upstairs to Grima Wormtongue who'll be dripping it in Mosh's ear.
4. Then Brands is off
5. Then we're right back where we bloody started 10 years ago.

Imagine DM walsing back in to Everton spouting off about "how we do things at Everton". That smug holier-than-thou expression in press conferences when from day one he starts describing the club as a basket case and downplaying expectations.

Guaranteed he says "I know the club had other big candidates for this position, the likes of Pochettino, Ancelotti, Emery and Benitez, so it's a real privilege that they chose me"

1skgy2.jpg

This will be like watching a car crash in slow motion though.

I've tried to see if BK is on social media but can only find a production twitter site. I'm going to tweet them anyway, simply No to Moyes

Guaranteed he says "I know the club had other big candidates for this position, the likes of Pochettino, Ancelotti, Emery and Benitez, so it's a real privilege that they chose me"

He´ll spin it so that it sounds like he´s doing us a favour and the media will eat it up since mocking Everton is what of the London based do.

I have several reservations over this.

1. If Moyes comes, no way is he going to say "six months and thats my lot", he's going to want some sort of pathway to give himself a chance at a longer term gig
2. Is he really a safe pair of hands? He's been somewhere between mediocre and appalling for the last decade.
3. We're recementing Bill Kenwright's hold over the levers of power, because those two are thick as thieves. Brands is then completely superfluous because every time he gets a no from Marcel, he'll be straight upstairs to Grima Wormtongue who'll be dripping it in Mosh's ear.
4. Then Brands is off
5. Then we're right back where we bloody started 10 years ago.

All good points TBF - number 2 I'd dispute - he hasn't exactly covered himself in glory since he left, but he wouldn't take us down

The rest of it - Yes, particularly points 3 to 5, that would be something to consider

Devil's Advocate - It's a lot to ask of Dunc to do it til the end of the season. Saturday was brilliant, but it seems unlikely he could keep up that sort of thing over another 22 games. Moyes at least is experienced, and whatever we might think of him, he's a fairly safe pair of hands. IF (and it's a very big IF) it got Dunc more experience of being more involved in the management side of things and it meant we took our time and got a long term, thought-out appointment in for teh summer, would it be the worst thing in the world?

I stress, it most certainly wouldn't be the way I would do it, but we'd be ok until the summer at least.

Harry Redknapp is experienced. As is Tony Pulis, Chris Houghton, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Ian Dowie, Tim Sherwood. That’s the calibre of manager this dour negative fella is in there with.

How is a manager who has been sacked from 4 other clubs since his departure including a relegation a ‘safe pair of hands’.

I’m sorry but you are all nuts. Had this fella not been at Everton almost 10 years ago and performed miracles in a different era at the club for a different era in football not one single person would be advocating for this appointment.

Might as well rehire Joe Royle, at least he won a trophy with us.

Harry Redknapp is experienced. As is Tony Pulis, Chris Houghton, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Ian Dowie, Tim Sherwood. That’s the calibre of manager this dour negative fella is in there with.

How is a manager who has been sacked from 4 other clubs since his departure including a relegation a ‘safe pair of hands’.

I’m sorry but you are all nuts. Had this fella not been at Everton almost 10 years ago and performed miracles in a different era at the club for a different era in football not one single person would be advocating for this appointment.

Might as well rehire Joe Royle, at least he won a trophy with us.

I don't see anyone advocating it mate - although I'd rather have him than the others you listed.

I don't want him, I don't think anyone does, but it would appear there's a very good chance of it happening. Need to try and salvage some positives from it

Status
Not open for further replies.