Darron Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's an average Prem League player who is capable of having an outstanding game one game, then stink the place out the next.

But most importantly at the moment he is the kind of player we needed in midfield so his impact on the team thus far outweigh his own abilities. Its not so much that he is good at certain parts of the game, just that we were lacking a player who was that kind of player.

I think he's an average Prem League player who is capable of having an outstanding game one game, then stink the place out the next.

But most importantly at the moment he is the kind of player we needed in midfield so his impact on the team thus far outweigh his own abilities. Its not so much that he is good at certain parts of the game, just that we were lacking a player who was that kind of player.

He'll fit right in with us then.

What is the problem with people about this lad? A lot of people seem to be on a downer about him, yes he gives the ball away a few times a game - who doesnt, he doesn't seem to get about the pitch or win crunching tackles....but,

He always wants the ball, gives it easy, has good positional sense. Did you here moyes praising him at the weekend for pressuring a player into passing it back (great defensive work), it's not all about smashing players - see johnny h for proof of that.

The most important thing he has done is allowed fellaini to have more influence on games, it is no fluke that felli has started to totally dominate games since Gibson has arrived, they compliment each other even more than rodwell and fellaini IMO.

For 500k - what an absolute steal!

So let's give the lad a break, appreciate what he does for the team and give him the credit he deserves.

What is the problem with people about this lad? A lot of people seem to be on a downer about him, yes he gives the ball away a few times a game - who doesnt, he doesn't seem to get about the pitch or win crunching tackles....but,

He always wants the ball, gives it easy, has good positional sense. Did you here moyes praising him at the weekend for pressuring a player into passing it back (great defensive work), it's not all about smashing players - see johnny h for proof of that.

The most important thing he has done is allowed fellaini to have more influence on games, it is no fluke that felli has started to totally dominate games since Gibson has arrived, they compliment each other even more than rodwell and fellaini IMO.

So let's give the lad a break, appreciate what he does for the team and give him the credit he deserves.

Great post, especially that bit.

Agreed.

i've said that in this thread and the "is felli getting better " thread,,,, every team needs a gibson to give the felli's of this world the freedom to play.Gibson is never gonna set the world alight but like i have said before, when he is not playing we will miss him ...big style.

Great post!

Gibson is a solid premier league player. I think we should all give him a pass. Yes he give the ball away...frustratingly a lot, almost as if he's playing a step behind. His one touch passing is where he seems to be giving it away the most often. By next year, I think he'll have settled in, and will be up to speed...and those one touch passes will have us all fapping

I think everyone will saying that we did some very shrewd business in getting Gibson. Not often you get a true professional for virtually nothing.

It is a good post, i'll agree; but my personal view of Gibson remains the same. Football is about building a team and not about individuals but like you said Gibson seems to have given Felli a lot more room and freedom; i'll reserve my judgement till next year when he has fully settled in. I know Moyes praised him against Chelsea but he also did a hell of a lot wrong, the worse was letting Mata run in behind him at the Street end after Heitinga had passed him off; and he still looks so overweight.

He's a blue now so i hope he proves me wrong; i'm sure if he approves his awareness and sharpens up on his defensive qualities he may prove to be a bargain, i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Fellaini dominated against Chelsea and City because he does every season nothing to do with Gibson, more a case of people may just be watching him for a future big money move, the week before I went to Wigan and he was average , Gibson's never going to woo anyone or be a match winner of any sort but for the time being he's not doing too bad, I heard someone last week comparing him to former Everton legends, the same people who probably think Straqularsi is the new Dunc > characters that's who

The problem with alot of people is they watch out for mistakes off some players and not others. Of course Gibson mis placed a few pass's let players get in behind. So did and does Fellani, baines pienaar. No player is perfect ffs.

What do you expect for 500k signing who's still young and not played much football. We look as if were building a squad and he's a great signing with room for improvement.

If we had spent 10M I'd expect more, we can't do that and we now have Fellani rodwell and Gibson fighting for 2 positions that's a positive for me.

he doesn't do anything particularly beneficial, but he doesn't mess up that often either. a nothing player, in my opinion. would rather see Rodwell or osman in there before him

Very true mate. It's all about BLEND in centre midfield. That doesn't necessarily equate to packing into it your best two players in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.