Danny Murphy - Brainless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy’s attitude sums up exactly why diving will never be eradicated from the game

Niasse is supposedly completely out of order for exaggerating the contact, but Alli is somehow sound for anticipating the contact coming and diving over the leg of the defender. That’s it in a nutshell, so Niasse’s dive was crap but Alli’s Was much more convincing....

The simple fact is that if you anticipate contact and go down, you’ve dived ffs. There’s numerous examples of this ridiculous double standard around at the minute.

He was ‘clever’ in winning the penalty, errrrmmm no, he cheated. It’s part of the ex pros charter it seems.

This was always going to be the case. That’s why I was so annoyed about it at the time. By making an example of Niasse who went down after contact they’ve made it a nightmare to be consistent these decisions.

I would say brainless, he’s also very biased like so many pundits/commentators on tv at the moment, I avoid sky/bt/bbc just watch streams or listen to radio.

Also his commentary for bbc is so dour it’s untrue, was hard to listen to at the euro’s don’t know how he has his job, Lawrenson exactly the same.

It’s actually quite hard to think of a non biased pundit/commentator...

Pat Nevin’s quite good

Deli Ali plays for England and both Murphy and Shearer will be cheering him on when he dives for a penalty in the world cup. Whereas Niasse doesn't. Murphy is gormless and how he was ever on the panel buggers belief. Only 2 weeks before Niasse was banned both him and Shearer said on MOTD that the player 'earned the right to go down because there was contact'. When Shearer was commenting on Niasse penalty he said that 'he should not have gone down but the FA wont look at it, he was setting down a challenge and they duly responded.

The 'rule' on simulation is clear if you are one of the favoured six your players will not be banned for diving. The rule on elbowing or kicking and opponent falls into the same category. A Burnley player is banned for elbowing someone but Lukaku gets off scot free for kicking an opponent with his heel. There is not a level playing field and that will always give an advantage to the favoured 6.

I would say brainless, he’s also very biased like so many pundits/commentators on tv at the moment, I avoid sky/bt/bbc just watch streams or listen to radio.

Also his commentary for bbc is so dour it’s untrue, was hard to listen to at the euro’s don’t know how he has his job, Lawrenson exactly the same.

It’s actually quite hard to think of a non biased pundit/commentator...

Pat Nevin’s quite good
He knows his stuff but as a co-commentator covering live matches he talks too much.

Murphy’s attitude sums up exactly why diving will never be eradicated from the game

Niasse is supposedly completely out of order for exaggerating the contact, but Alli is somehow sound for anticipating the contact coming and diving over the leg of the defender. That’s it in a nutshell, so Niasse’s dive was crap but Alli’s Was much more convincing....

The simple fact is that if you anticipate contact and go down, you’ve dived ffs. There’s numerous examples of this ridiculous double standard around at the minute.

He was ‘clever’ in winning the penalty, errrrmmm no, he cheated. It’s part of the ex pros charter it seems.
Materazzi put in a tackle on a Wimbledon player at the Park End. The player had to jump to avoid being clattered into the billboards but no contact was made although he landed on his arse on the way back down. Materrazzi was sent off with the referee stating the intent was there to foul him and the tackle deemed reckless.
In reality then, the whole subjective matter has been around for ages.

It' this attitude that will maintain the sky 6 are untouchable

Whether we agree with Niasse's two game ban for simulation or not the least I would expect is some kind of consistency/intelligence from the 'expert pundits'. However, DM felt that the ban was appropriate as Niasse 'exaggerated the contact to earn a penalty'. However, on last night's MOTD he felt that the challenge on Deli Ali merited a penalty because 'there was contact, even if he (Ali) made the most of it'. I don't even think that it's a Tottenham bias, I just think that he's genuinely stupid. The problem is that the powers that be seem to be influenced by his opinion (and that of Shearer and co).
Sorry to bang on about an old subject but the hypocrisy and double standards really p****s me off!
I think the question mark in the thread title is totally redundant. Hes a grade A idiot.

Murphy is one of the pool of ex players,that sits on the panel that decides whether a player dived or not.

Now that is really brainless !

If Skelator had a son, it`d look like Danny Murphy.
He sits on MOTD gets fed the input from his pals Lineker,Shearer and all his cronies from talk sport them impartiality sits on a panel deciding if a player dived or not.
After listening to this clowns view on Dele Alli shows how incompetent he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.