Dan Meis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
also big screens around the ground so if this VAR [Poor language removed] comes in we can see whats going on

Dear Dan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy
You said you're working on a stadium now, how far along are ye?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your stadium that
And here's a message for your brother
I wrote it on the GrandOldTeam forum, cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the workshop, I must of missed you
Don't think I did that intentionally just to diss you
But what's this ish you said about you like to tweet all day too?
I do that ish just clownin' dog, come on, how messed up is you?
You got some issues Dan, I think you need some workshops
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you jot down some plans
hahaha well played sir, enjoyed that.
Dan/Stan at the workshop:
moms-spaghetti.jpg

...stop consulting, start building. He’s never going to please everybody, he should be well on with things by now.

Just tell him to stop talking and start doing.

Internationally renowned architect, built stadiums for some historic, iconic sporting team already, he knows the importance of history and he knows the importance already of moving on from that to the modern stadium design.

Talking to a few hundred blues isn't gonna give him any insight whatsoever. Christ imagine if he ends up listening to the likes of adversus...

Come on lads, you both know the score and aren't dim enough to be thinking designs aren't already underway.

It's still important to incorporate fan opinion at every possible stage. It isn't that he's yet to start the design of the bloody thing.

The comment about Adversus made me chuckle

Club and architect can't win can they. Consult with fans and they are dithering, don't consult and they are not listening. You could almost say

Danned if they do and danned if they don't.

There is no doubt at all that directors and liverpool city council have seen some sort of plans/model - all he is doing is tweaking aesthetics to appear to be listening. This stadium will happen as it is the only way Moshiri will make any money out of Everton.

Just tell him to stop talking and start doing.

Internationally renowned architect, built stadiums for some historic, iconic sporting team already, he knows the importance of history and he knows the importance already of moving on from that to the modern stadium design.

Talking to a few hundred blues isn't gonna give him any insight whatsoever. Christ imagine if he ends up listening to the likes of adversus...
I think this is part of his process. I'm still not sure why this is a bad thing.

The point of this stadium is STILL to increase gameday revenue for the club, so think it's critical that there are some places to have a pint and watch other matches before and after.

Dear Dan, I meant to write you sooner but I just been busy
You said you're working on a stadium now, how far along are ye?
Look, I'm really flattered you would call your stadium that
And here's a message for your brother
I wrote it on the GrandOldTeam forum, cap
I'm sorry I didn't see you at the workshop, I must of missed you
Don't think I did that intentionally just to diss you
But what's this ish you said about you like to tweet all day too?
I do that ish just clownin' dog, come on, how messed up is you?
You got some issues Dan, I think you need some workshops
To help your ass from bouncing off the walls when you jot down some plans

Mother effing lyrical genius.

Do workshops usually get decided this late in advance? Maybe an important decision or two was made in the last couple of days and they decided to have a workshop.

For me the consultation process should have taken place at the start of the design element. Albeit I can understamd why it didn’t as it would suggest that the stadium happening was a fait accompli, which that early in the process would,have been risky. The fact that it’s happening now is therefore interesting for that reason alone.

Meis obviously has a design done at this stage, with the major potential variable being the capacity. He’s been courting fan opinion throughout via twitter so I’m sure he’s hoping that he’s second guessed what we want upfront, and that these forums merely largely rubber stamp that, as opposed to sending him (literally) back to the drawing board.

Is this workshop simply another ruse to drag out the process because no progress has been made at all on the project? A fake workshop to maintain fans' enthusiasm and gloss over the fact that the project really is in danger of being shelved.

"No designs yet guys but don't worry, the wait will totally be worth it!"

Is this workshop simply another ruse to drag out the process because no progress has been made at all on the project? A fake workshop to maintain fans' enthusiasm and gloss over the fact that the project really is in danger of being shelved.

"No designs yet guys but don't worry, the wait will totally be worth it!"
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.