Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how we won that TBF. Our passing needs to improve massively.I think if we had more than pace down the flanks it would make a difference.
Having said that our performance even though poor I thought their 2 goals were soft and preventable.
All 3 goals from us were excellent.
Thank god we won.
Their second was embarrassing and their first wasn't much better. But a brilliant result

If Palace had a striker they'd be a pretty decent team with Eze and Olise fit, the Guehi-Anderson partnership is one of the better CB pairings in the league which is why I'm so pleased we scored 3.
They're a funny team. Got some real quality but also some bang average players. Guess it's why they're mid table.

BBC report: "The victory is only Everton's second in eight visits to Selhurst Park".

We've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 4.

The outrageous 'kin spin that paedophile organisation puts on our efforts.

BTW, why the 'last 8 visits to Selhurst Park'? I'll tell you why: because if you rounded up to a last 10 list there'd be this Everton...

...Everton 3 wins, 2 losses and 5 draws.
Jesus, Dave, you sound more like a Qanon nutter every post.

Some thoughts from the Palace end;

Dyche has constructed a very fit, fairly disciplined unit with a very sold core. Pickford, Tarkowski / Branthwaite , Doucoure and DCL. The defensive CB pair are particularly strong.
Everton have a very good Plan A but I didn’t see any evidence of anything else. The first half particularly was a long ball into the Palace LB area. The early goal came from this, aided by some keystone cops defending by Palace. After that though, not much.
Everton remind me of Coppell’s 1990/91 Palace, strong and direct with a bit of snide plus three or four who can play. I liked Harrison today ( I say liked, but, you know!)
No comment on either Eze penalty incident, they were down the other end, too far away.
I thought we were the better footballing side and a fat lot of good it did us.
We will both finish in mid table at the end of the season.
Enjoy your evening lids!
I honestly didnt think we were great which sounds odd considering we scored 3 and won, but we have played so much better and lost, but happy to see Dyche say same thing about Everton can play better, but you take the points at all costts. I also think the Pen you didnt get i wouldnt have personally have moaned about it, if it was given, as thought it was a 50/50 call myself and lucky it went our way, but in the other way think Eze may have got lucky not getting a 2nd yellow right before HT or in injury time for the Push on the 18 yard line pretty much. But anyway that was a high scoring game not many seen

What on earth were Tarks and Pickford doin for their 2nd. Surely Tarks gets a shout to leave it and if he doesn't he should get a shout to play it and if he gets neither he should play it anyway. What a mess. They both owe Gana a bevvy tonight.
Watching it I was wondering if there was the old striker's trick of shouting "Keeper" to put the defender off and hoping the ref doesn't hear it.

Then I realised that if Tark heard Odsonne Edouard's voice and thought it was Pickford it's an even worse error.

Watching it I was wondering if there was the old striker's trick of shouting "Keeper" to put the defender off and hoping the ref doesn't hear it.

Then I realised that if Tark heard Odsonne Edouard's voice and thought it was Pickford it's an even worse error.
In those situations, you clear the ball 100% no matter if you did or didnt hear anyone, you cant let the ball go past you that close

BBC report: "The victory is only Everton's second in eight visits to Selhurst Park".

We've won 2, lost 2 and drawn 4.

The outrageous 'kin spin that paedophile organisation puts on our efforts.

BTW, why the 'last 8 visits to Selhurst Park'? I'll tell you why: because if you rounded up to a last 10 list there'd be this Everton...

...Everton 3 wins, 2 losses and 5 draws.

Chill out Dave. We’ve won mate.

Save your ire for when you really need it, such as the upcoming BBC special where Keir Starmer is hosting a long form interview with up and coming fullback Nathan Patterson.

Status
Not open for further replies.