Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all need to learn that this squad are useless. Until you do, your expectations are out of tune with reality.

We're one of the worst squads in this league. Accept it. It's nothing to do with Benitez.
This post needs pinning to the top of every thread. Never known a fanbase more delusional than ours right now.

Players will have to be told things at half time that they just continuously don’t grasp.

‘Run harder you lazy idiots’ ‘actually try’ ‘clear your lines properly first time’ ‘maybe tackle some of their players’

Seems like if they’re not being constantly told this all the time then they just go back to walking around half arseing everything.
Mate we are winning the running though

And looking at what we have on the bench:

Rondon ... never scored for us ...

Gordon ... never scored for us ...

Iwobi ... only ever scores for us against Wolves

isn't that the problem? No home grown talent will ever progress there, why aren't we the club to show a progression to players? Instead we constantly hire managers who want "experience" no matter how wank that player is.
I'm not defending our academy.

But we should not be looking at what the mega clubs are doing when we can't spend like they spend. Compare us to Leicester or something. Which is still bad.

Tactical dinosaur Mr Benitez strikes again. We finally play three in midfield and he instructs them not to retain it and spray it wide or launch long balls to a forward who doesn't win headers and can't hold it up. A half-hearted press that Palace play around with ease, we should be more than one down. No wonder we have two key players calling him out. Pathetic. #Istandwithdigne

God no, it's still a write off. We're still looking at 13th or so. There's every chance Palace beat us.

Make no mistake, that is still a dreadful squad. We got dragged over the line by our few decent players tonight, which is how we usually only win games - Richarlison, Doucoure and Gray basically.

^ from after the Arsenal game.

Read and learn ffs

The pundits on sky are really awful Souness why is he even present so dour and biased.
We need to get dacoure going forward and gomes sit back we really missing Allan
Hope we get some fire in our bellies 2nd half ?
Godfrey getting back to his old self but needs to be careful if he mistimes on of those tackles he’s gone
UTT

All that first half does is justify what Digne has been saying. Ugly football at its worst. I'm finding myself just browsing my phone whilst watching I'm that bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.