Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just a bit weary specially after they beat Arselel 3-2 at away. Like the Fulham game I wouldn't be surprised if we lose I don't wanna be a negative nancy but it's hard to shake the feeling.
the track record of Everton gives you every reason to approach the game with a lashing of negativity. I fully expect our lion-hearts to meekly submit in this game...I'll be surprised if we get a shot on target.
But I'm very positive for the Burnley game...

Think we'll need 7 points from last 3 fixtures to have a shot at 7th.....
you would think so but it seems no one wants to secure 7th and all the teams fighting for it are inconsistent

after the loss to fulham i thought it was over then results go our way with wolves losing to southampton and drawing with brighton at home

watford will miss deeney in their next 2 prem games and play wolves so points will be dropped there

and then leicester were on a decent run of form and then lose at home to newcastle and draw to west ham

6 points from the next 2 games could be enough

Now that 7th is back in play, this game is a must win. Simply put, if the Fulham team shows up we wont beat anybody, but if the Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal team shows up, Palace dont stand a chance.

Both Wolves and LCFC I think are out due to their schedules. That leaves Watford in poll position, if they win vs Southhampton it will be very difficult, but if they lose to Southampton or Wolves next week, I think they only finish with 55 points. That means we need to win 2 of 3, and Palace will have to be the first.

Why? Still six places below where we should be.

It's just a platform to get closer to 1st next year. It's a 'ok we established we are best of the rest while having a bad season. Let's kick on and smash up that top six' type scenario. It's the best we could hope for all things considered from the season. Really would not rather start next season thinking we have to establish we have to over take Watford and the like before thinking of top 4 etc. Gotta keep it real.

Status
Not open for further replies.