Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be honest, are any of us surprised how today went, the usual start off well, miss a couple of sitters before letting the home side back into the game. And with John moss we were always likely to be on the wrong end of his poor decisions like every other season.

People criticising Gbamin is a joke imo. Even if he’d been with us a month and was match fit, I’d still imagine he would have struggled Witt the pace. And then he had to cope Witt us going down to 10men. I’m sure he will be fine.

We need iwobi and Kean in ASAP and hopefully the Gomes injury isn’t to bad.

If it wasn’t for the Gomes injury then it’s a decent opening result away from home
Sadly the injury and Snides woeful decision making has soured it all

I thought it was all set up for us to nick it in the last 15 minutes by bringing on Walcott(no seriously) to stretch their defence, it was always going to be a low scoring game as Crystal Palace are such an unadventurous side

Hello, new here. My thoughts on game: Pickford class, saved the day. Coleman really good, Sidibe will have a challenge to enter the squad. Digne good attacking, needs to be more direct, but good. Mina and Keane hopefully will turn out to be brutal centerback partnership, they still need to work on playing together. Mina great, Keane good. Gomes was solid until injury, needs to give us more attacking threat. Morgan is Morgan, no need to go further. Gbamin solid, needs to be a little bit tougher in duels, but he will be good once settled. Richarlison still owes us better performances, I feel he can do a lot more then this. Siggurdsson was our weakest part today, we really can't afford that bad performance. Bernard was trying but still not compatible with Digne, they still don't understand each other. DCL good target man, but that's all he is, can't score, that is a problem if we keep playing with one striker.. Kean showed he is good with the ball, can dribble, fast, hope to see more of him. Davies is probably still young prospect, but that man is just not a decent sub..

So all his good performances count for nothing? Drop him because he had an off day and didn't score a hattrick.

He's class on his day but has a lot of off days too , like today. Having Iwobi gives us more options to rotate the front 4 now ..

The best that can be said is that we looked fairly solid defensively, kept a clean sheet and didn't lose.
Sigurdsson wasn't at the races today with Schneiderlin not much better either, he still makes way too many short sideways passes.
At least we got a point on the road and didn't Ev it up by letting Zaha or that guy on 49 goals score.

Few choices in CM, lack of creativity concerning after Gomes went off. Gbamin looked rusty but needs time to bed in.

Fire Schneiderlin from a big cannon into the Sun

Can someone please explain to me what games we should win in this league and how many points we should get from top 6 teams. By my reckoning we should be achieving a minimum of 78 points then add on any points we get from top 6 teams. That will be the amount of points quite a few expect us to get each season.

Few choices in CM, lack of creativity concerning after Gomes went off. Gbamin looked rusty but needs time to bed in.

Fire Schneiderlin from a big cannon into the Sun

Thing is, Schneiderlin played well. It was just a mistake.

The attackers were all poor. Dom was gash. Bernard and Gylfi hardly better. Richarlison tried to make things happen at least.

Let’s be honest, are any of us surprised how today went, the usual start off well, miss a couple of sitters before letting the home side back into the game. And with John moss we were always likely to be on the wrong end of his poor decisions like every other season.

People criticising Gbamin is a joke imo. Even if he’d been with us a month and was match fit, I’d still imagine he would have struggled Witt the pace. And then he had to cope Witt us going down to 10men. I’m sure he will be fine.

We need iwobi and Kean in ASAP and hopefully the Gomes injury isn’t to bad.

Not at all.

It's a game that we are hardly set up for even with Gomes. Once he went off we had nothing in the middle.

We just aren't a possession side (in terms of breaking down a side with quality). We are a counter-attacking side.

Palace have had such a bad time of it they were always gonna sit deep and look to niggle and frustrate. That's what they did. They had their chances too.

He's class on his day but has a lot of off days too , like today. Having Iwobi gives us more options to rotate the front 4 now ..

Bet you Silva nor anyone else thought he was going to have an off day today so how would you drop him? He still works hard on the pitch chasing and harrying and we know sometimes he doesn't score or put it on a plate for others but he is too good a player to leave out over one bad game. He will know himself he wasn't up to scratch and will try to rectify that.

Watford is already a must win after dropping two points today, although considering we had to play 30 minutes with ten men, a point is ok I guess

I refuse to read too much into the first game of the season. Richarlison and Gbamin haven't had the same pre-season as the rest due to international commitments, so are understandably slightly off the pace. Although he hasn't been here long, I felt we missed Delph for his leadership, and hope he is fit for next week. There was a comment before the game that Gylfi always takes a few games to get up to speed, whoever posted it got that spot on. We didn't lose, and will get better

Status
Not open for further replies.