Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played really well in this game last year, just had no killer instinct. Can see it being a similar story this time around if our pre season was anything to go by.

Always difficult playing away from home on the opening day of the season against any opposition. Would settle for a draw to get things up and running.

Roy will want Zaha to play but he'll be under a lot of pressure so a tactical absence would be sensible whilst the fuss dies down. That should weaken CP so I'm hopeful of a fats start and three points.

Kean, Iwobi, Richarlison all available up front and Mina and Keane at the back will be exciting to watch. COYB

Let’s be honest we looked dire in preseason and I think it will be a slow start to the season for us.
Once again I think we will require patience.
i think Gana will leave a massive hole defensively.
In the end ill be happy if we can grab a point.
Going for 0-0 although I do have a gut feeling Palace might come out on top.

Winds of 50mph scheduled for this one. We should try to keep it on the deck and leave the hoofball tactics to Hodgson.

Let’s be honest we looked dire in preseason and I think it will be a slow start to the season for us.
Once again I think we will require patience.
i think Gana will leave a massive hole defensively.
In the end ill be happy if we can grab a point.
Going for 0-0 although I do have a gut feeling Palace might come out on top.

We haven't looked dire.

We've looked pretty fit and sharp.

What we haven't done is create and convert enough chances. Our all-round play has been pretty good.

I think this will be a huge test though and don't see us winning. The Zaha stuff has given it extra pressure now.

Gana will be a miss, but it would've been the case anyway. He wouldn't have been fit. We can't use that excuse going forward as he's gone.

We haven't looked dire.

We've looked pretty fit and sharp.

What we haven't done is create and convert enough chances. Our all-round play has been pretty good.

I think this will be a huge test though and don't see us winning. The Zaha stuff has given it extra pressure now.

Gana will be a miss, but it would've been the case anyway. He wouldn't have been fit. We can't use that excuse going forward as he's gone.
That failure to create or convert enough chances is what made the pre- season very poor for me. Especially the creation of chances. You have to be creating enough clear cut chances to do well and we haven’t been. It’s a concern.
I do agree that a lot of our approach play has looked impressive actually.
But without goals it just becomes clever grace notes on a poor tune.

Imagine it will be;

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes Davies/Snides

Richarlison Siggy Bernard

DCL

go for a 1-1. Cant see us winning with that likely 11. Be surrpised if Bambin or Kean get put in immediately.

DCL up top and the prospect of Davies has just made me realise it’s pretty weak. Good job we are playing Palace and not a harder fixture IMO.

Reckon Kean will start personally and Schneiderlin alongside Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.