Match Thread Crystal Palace 0-0 Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to make a statement. If we have any aspirations of top 6 challenge, we need to win at places like palace. It won’t be easy, we’ve looked ordinary for large parts of pre season and a number of our new signings aren’t quite ready. I’m going for a narrow win, by the odd goal and a week’s training will see us see more of our new signings at Goodison next week.

This will be a tough fixture, no doubt about it. They'll be well up for it after the zaha saga whether he's fit to play or not.

Also I don't think we're ready. Pre season hasn't gone great and I'm not sure our strongest eleven have played together yet.

If Davies starts I'll be very worried, and if dcl starts we'll be dependent on richarlison getting us a goal. Would love it we throw kean straight in!
Worry not amigo. Pretty sure palace haven't been flying.

With Palace having lost Wan Bissaka and not replaced him, I think its a great opportunity for Bernard to have a good game. I expect the lineup wont feature many new additions, with it being:

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Delph Gomes
Siggy
Richarlison DCL Bernard

With Kean, Schneiderlin, Gbamin, Lossl, Baines and Walcott on the bench

Pickford
Seamus
Keane
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Morgan
Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Bernard
DCL

SUBS
Lossl
Baines
Holgate
Gbamin
Walcott
Davies
Kean

Assuming Delph, Iwobi and Sidibe not ready.

2Although we are very exposed at centre back, the work Brands has done in 3 windows has been incredible.

None of the signings from the last week or so should be starting, for me the starting 11 all comes from pretty much from last seasons squad, but the bench will look refreshing

As much as I'd love to see Gbamin go straight in, i think theres no chance. He's been at the AFCON all summer, dont think hes even had a week of training.

Are we planning on having a third kit or are we going to just wear the away and pretend that it doesn't clash?
I'd say the away kit definitely won't clash with. The coral is pretty bright, a million miles from red, plus their shorts are bright blue whereas ours are black(or v dark navy)

This is my team too although wouldn’t be surprised if Iwo
Pickford
Seamus
Keane
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Morgan
Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Bernard
DCL

SUBS
Lossl
Baines
Holgate
Gbamin
Walcott
Davies
Kean

Assuming Delph, Iwobi and Sidibe not ready.

2Although we are very exposed at centre back, the work Brands has done in 3 windows has been incredible.

This is my team.
Think Iwobi May sneak on the bench

Personally I’d get Kean in the team on Saturday and put Iwobi on the bench;

Pickford
Coleman
Keane
Mina
Digne
Gomes
Delph if fit
Siggy
Richy
Kean
Bernard/Iwobi

Bench
Lossl
Holgate
Bernard/Iwobi
DCL
Gbmin
Baines

I get the feeling Woy was putting on a good show yesterday but that this Zaha stuff has had quite an impact. It will be interesting to see how it affects the team tomorrow.

I think Palace will be fired up tomorrow and they will come after us. This will suit our forwards and I’m hoping we will rinse them on the counter attack. This sort of game should suit our runners.

It’d be nice to see some of the new signings but I reckon he will field a pretty similar team to the one we are used to. I’d like to see Gbamin get a game instead of Morgan but there you go, predictable but unlikely! Maybe Siggy dropping deeper to allow Iwobi/Kean in. Again unlikely, the team was doing wel at the end of last season so if it ain’t broken.........

Come Everton, good luck and let’s smash these.

Status
Not open for further replies.