Crowd was MOTM today

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNaoNeo

Banned - Abuse Towards Forum Staff
Thought I'd give us all a pat on the back, thought we did everything right.

Gave them a rollicking at half time like they deserved, gave them a lift as soon as they came back out and got behind them. After the goal we were absolutely vicious, and we made them score that second.

Then, we got them through at the end.

Well done lads.

The crowd was rocking. I felt I was right in the middle of them. best fans in the world.;)

I could'nt get to the game today but it sounded quiet in the first half at GP. Watching it on the box however does'nt pick up the atmosphere that well. The crowd sounded much louder when the lads come out for the second half.

hmmmmmm, I got slated for turning around and shouting 'come on, get behind the team' -

the bloke behind me said it wasnt his effing fault we were playing ****e so shut up silly cow.:mad: He's always a rude twerp anyway so I take no notice of wallys like him.

Second half yes, awesome but first half after the first 10 mins or so, the Gwladys Street was cruel to our team.

Maybe it's just frustration but my view is that if you can't shout support then best keep your gob zipped.:p

from what I saw/heard on the box, same as the atmosphere on here, that that statement distinctly incorrect.

No noise in the 1st half, booed them off at halftime and only got behind them after we scored, fickle

I thought the team where poor 1st half and the Park End was out singing the GSE, but after the break and even before we scored the GSE came into its own and i think the players picked up on it.

Wonderful 2nd half from fans and players alike, very poor 1st all round.

from what I saw/heard on the box, same as the atmosphere on here, that that statement distinctly incorrect.

No noise in the 1st half, booed them off at halftime and only got behind them after we scored, fickle

Ah well at least we went ;).

And as an FYI, we didn't start after the goal, we were behind them the moment they came out of the tunnel for the second half, and it was exactly what they needed to give them a lift after a shambolic first half where they were rightfully booed and then given a rollicking by the manager.

Again, you might've known if you'd actually been there.

Ah well at least we went ;).

And as an FYI, we didn't start after the goal, we were behind them the moment they came out of the tunnel for the second half, and it was exactly what they needed to give them a lift after a shambolic first half where they were rightfully booed and then given a rollicking by the manager.

Again, you might've known if you'd actually been there.

well played mate, i'm proud of you

"near silence" were the words the commentator used about the "MOTM"...

...and if I'm a ****head for spending £30 on getting a ticket and having to give it way because I cant get out of work because the game was moved for TV again, then sobeit.

i thought the boos at half time were slightly justified and 1st half was so poor MIDD looked good but after the break i thuoght the crowd were gr8 u could really see the ground was rocking andf it lifted the players aswell ......i watched it on the telly and the crowd stood out bigtime in the second half

well done lads

"near silence" were the words the commentator used about the "MOTM"...

...and if I'm a ****head for spending £30 on getting a ticket and having to give it way because I cant get out of work because the game was moved for TV again, then sobeit.

Well if your standards for being a good set of supporters are to 'blindly sing for the full 90 minutes without any regard for the standard of performance' then your ideal crowd either doesn't care or is painfully oblivious to what goes on on the pitch. The fact is we started as we always do, we supported them from the bat, and then for the first ten minutes they played some of the worst stuff I've seen for a long time. For the ten minutes after that it was more a case of the crowd shouting 'ffs lads get a grip', and then after that it was just disbelief.

If you read back on my post, I wasn't calling them MotM because they did anything like singing all the time. I called them MotM because I felt that we did the right things at the right time, and so influenced this match more than we have any other this season. We gave them the kick up the arse they deserved at half time, we gave them a lift after they must've been wrecked after half time, and we carried them through to the lead.

The only other time I remember us being like that this season was against United, again, a match where people say the supporters were good. But if you remember it followed the exact same story as this one, quiet in the first half, booed off at half time. The only difference was that day it took a Phil Neville tackle to wake us up, yesterday we knew we had to get behind them and we did.

The armchair fan thing isn't something I was trying to have a go at, but if you're gonna call fans who went fickle even though you couldn't bother your arse to go then frankly you deserve to get called out for it, no matter what your reason was.

Well if your standards for being a good set of supporters are to 'blindly sing for the full 90 minutes without any regard for the standard of performance' then your ideal crowd either doesn't care or is painfully oblivious to what goes on on the pitch. The fact is we started as we always do, we supported them from the bat, and then for the first ten minutes they played some of the worst stuff I've seen for a long time. For the ten minutes after that it was more a case of the crowd shouting 'ffs lads get a grip', and then after that it was just disbelief.

If you read back on my post, I wasn't calling them MotM because they did anything like singing all the time. I called them MotM because I felt that we did the right things at the right time, and so influenced this match more than we have any other this season. We gave them the kick up the arse they deserved at half time, we gave them a lift after they must've been wrecked after half time, and we carried them through to the lead.

The only other time I remember us being like that this season was against United, again, a match where people say the supporters were good. But if you remember it followed the exact same story as this one, quiet in the first half, booed off at half time. The only difference was that day it took a Phil Neville tackle to wake us up, yesterday we knew we had to get behind them and we did.
So therefore fans are fickle, boo when ****, celebrate when score. The blues could easily have been disheartened by the boos and rolled over and died. If we hadnt of scored, at what point would you have gone from saying "ffs get a grip" to encouraging them? You wouldn't and would be probably slating Moyes today.

The armchair fan thing isn't something I was trying to have a go at, but if you're gonna call fans who went fickle even though you couldn't bother your arse to go then frankly you deserve to get called out for it, no matter what your reason was.

Are you f**king thick? Didn't you read what I said, I paid for a ticket despite not being able to go, to enhance my chances of getting a semi ticket. Because it was a case of either booking this weekend off work or that. Which would you have done given the predicament? Get a grip ****wit

Status
Not open for further replies.