Crocks in our squad........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep spot on Eggs, unfortunately though it appears whoever the management regime is at our club this occurs,I'm sure it happens with most other clubs too,but as you say recruitment and prevention are key.

…absolutely, with the added ingredient of ‘attitude’. There are players who appear to be reluctant to play with a twinge whereas others would try and play with a broken leg. You and I will remember Peter Reid in that 2nd half against Bayern.

Despite what @davek says, we have somebody like Richarlison who appears to want to play & one or two who are happy to sit out games. Football has to matter.

…absolutely, with the added ingredient of ‘attitude’. There are players who appear to be reluctant to play with a twinge whereas others would try and play with a broken leg. You and I will remember Peter Reid in that 2nd half against Bayern.
Too right Eggs,Dave Watson another,more recently Cahill is a good example,I can't recall him missing a game for us and he'd be flying back from Aussie midweek for a Saturday game!!

It's too simple to say 'Everton that'. But how many times have we watched our hopes disappear with players fitness or attitudes crumbling.
I don't want to make a list as there simply isn't enough time but I remember back to the 70s how it felt if Mackenzie was injured (or not selected).

….I think it’s a very good point to make but perhaps divide into two groups;

1) Players who already had a poor injury record when we bought them.
2) Players who were fit and healthy with excellent injury records when we bought them.

In respect of category 1; it should be a stringent part of our recruitment policy that we don’t acquire players with a history of injuries, particularly large muscle injuries. The likes of Delph should’ve been avoided like the plague.

In respect of category 2; Analyse the type of injury we’re getting & determine if there is a root cause. Are the type of injuries similar (hamstring/quad, knee ligament etc)? Is training schedule too punishing? Is training too competitive? Are players insufficiently warmed up ahead of playing/exercise? etc.
V true on both points Eggs. You have to question our recruitment, conditioning and rehabilitation approach since Moyes left. It may be the lack of consistency doesn't help with all the regime changes (albeit Brands should mitigate point 1).

….I think it’s a very good point to make but perhaps divide into two groups;

1) Players who already had a poor injury record when we bought them.
2) Players who were fit and healthy with excellent injury records when we bought them.

In respect of category 1; it should be a stringent part of our recruitment policy that we don’t acquire players with a history of injuries, particularly large muscle injuries. The likes of Delph should’ve been avoided like the plague.

In respect of category 2; Analyse the type of injury we’re getting & determine if there is a root cause. Are the type of injuries similar (hamstring/quad, knee ligament etc)? Is training schedule too punishing? Is training too competitive? Are players insufficiently warmed up ahead of playing/exercise? etc.
This I think is correct. Add into this the relatively big drop off in quality after the first 11 and I wouldn't be surprised if players were being risked when carrying knock ands niggles because there's noone to replace them.

DCL should not have been played at the start of the season in retrospect. Richarlison will require careful consideration after playing non stop since the start of last season.

This only compounds your 2 points.

never mind 'the Toffees'...with so many wage-stealing crooks in our squad, our nickname should be 'the hole in the wall gang'.

...what's that?...ohhhh... crocks

...actually, that clarification doesn't effect much difference.

EVERTON THAT

We have had 5 managers since Martinez each with different training methods back room staff physios etc. All problably do things a bit different to one another. Could this be a factor in the number of injuries we appear to be getting. I don’t know just putting it out there.

Rondon is a crock and he plays 90mins

Shame all the sick notes get long term contracts

What's happened to the 12mth contract and we'll see.

The likes of rondon and Delph will always have limited resale value - latter end of careers

Utter madness

The thing is it's not just injuries and prevention which I agree is a huge issue. Its attitude as Eggs said. Also coupled with the fact that our squad has been so badly assembled for year's that all our hopes lay on a few key players if they get injured the replacements are barely of Championship standard. For example losing Gana a few years back we had nothing in terms of adequate backup and now the same with Doucoure and DCL. I'm not even expecting someone of the same standard just someone that can do a solid job. We have too many wasters who either aren't good enough or never available in our squad. We won't do anything until we build a capable squad like Leicester have or West Ham appear to be now.

Players who we just can't rely on to have any kind of consistent run in the team...............we do appear to have our share!!!
Coleman,love him, we've had full value and many times more out of him, but forever seems doubtful these days,Mina our best actual defender but we never know when he is available, Branthwaite,looked promising but where is he?Digne,appears to be picking up more and more injuries these days, probably contributing to his loss of form, Gbamin?no chance with this fella I think now, Delph,the daddy of the crocks,Gomes another who just fleetingly appears before getting back on the treatment table, Iwobi is he, isn't he? every week seemingly, add to these serial crocks our misfortune this season with Calvert Lewin,Richarlison and Doucoure and it's pretty telling as to why results lately have turned, feel free to add any others I may have missed!!
I remember the days when the forums would be full of people moaning that Moyes used to give players proper medicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.